• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

PeterCorless

General
84 Badges
May 4, 2006
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Divine Wind
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Cities in Motion
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
My challenge was to get this achievement without becoming Fascist. Colombia went Communist instead and proceeded to eat up Central America as far as the Mexican border. I also invaded Cuba and, of course, took out Equador. That was when I held up. Venezuela, Peru, El Salvador were all Fascist, and I've been wrecked at this exact point waaaaay too many times to rush it.

That was when Mexico flipped Fascist. Ugh. Okay. Let's see what happens.

Mexico fabricates on me. Declares war. Okay. That's when the U.S. FINALLY enters the war, and I join up with the Allies. We begin to munch on quesadillas.

Venezuela gets pulled in, and I wreck em. I was glad they went down hard and fast. I was able to get them out before German and Nationalist Spanish divisions arrived. Whew!

Peru gets pulled in. I have to wait for my Venezuelan offensive corps to get there. By the time they do, it turns into the usual long slog. 3 army groups of 24 divisions are needed to slowly, agonizingly break through one spot at a time.

El Salvador, in the midst of the Mexican war, decides to also go in for the Co-Prosperity Sphere. Um. Okay. They get eaten too.

But after that, the war was just a slog. Year after year the Allies lose ground in Africa until nearly entire continent goes Italian. West Africa is a sitzkrieg. No one does anything for years.

Germany + China also got into a war with Japan + Siam. They turned Vietnam into, well, the Chinese Vietnam.

Australia and NZ fell to Japan. India mostly to Siam.

And that was it from the 1944 time frame until game end. I, of course, needed to keep England alive to ensure the world did not fall to the Germans. All my aircraft headed across the pond.

And then, it was time to pump out the 10 battleships and the 10 aircraft carriers for the achievement.

I FINALLY finished in 1954. The Allies had lost millions of men making suicidal invasions of Norway, France, Netherlands, Spain — you name it. They kept plowing in dozens of corps to get eaten alive. It was horrible, truly.

I also had the distinct pleasure of nuking Hitler's Berlin, renamed "Germania." Plus at least a dozen other German cities. Bremen was the first bombed. Frankfurt, Hannover, Munich, Stuttgart and on and on. Their stability was 0% at the end of the game.

However, I was pretty shocked that my "bombing" score for war participation was something like 6/1000.

The war seemed "stuck" at that point. Germany/Italy/Spain/China+minors vs. Allies (U.K., U.S., Colombia, plus Commonwealth) vs. Japan+Siam.

That status quo had lasted for about twelve years. I am sure that the war would have raged on infinitely at that point.