• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Zulgaines

First Lieutenant
89 Badges
Jan 16, 2008
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Knights of Honor
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Magicka
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Magicka 2: Ice, Death and Fury
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Magicka 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
Well since it's a new board I thought a "Share an in-game story" post should pop up. I'll go first with something that happened just today.

I was playing a custom game with my normal starting settings, 15000G, New Settlement. Started off with a Gnome hovel so I could hurry and get to level 2 castle and pump out some Krolm followers(I like using them with rangers to get the heroes to group up on huge maps.)

Things are going pretty good until a Yeti walks into my virgin base less than 8 minutes into the game and starts playing wack-a-mole with my kingdom. I lose over 14 heroes(Graveyard pops up) and am about spent on gold, the Yeti has like 50 or so life left, and my castle is on the brink of death, my castle guard attacks him, dies, and the Yeti turns back to my castle. I let out a long sigh and get ready to start over when my last hero, a Gnome, runs up behind the yeti and kills him saving the kingdom, my castle with like 10 HP left. Then he proceeds to repair my town as my tax collectors can finally make it to the marketplace again.

It was a little rough after that fending off a few werewolves and such, but after I got back on my feet I managed to win. All because of one little Gnome, he died a couple times during the game, but I made sure to revive him. He managed to get to level 12.

Last edited:
Was that in the original, or in the expansion where he got to become a Gnome Champion?

Speaking of Gnome Champions, just had an amusing experience - not one, but two Gnome Champions mobbing a Ratman Champion (fitting, really)... and chugging down a Shapeshift Tincture each to take minotaur form. Surprise!

The only thing that would have made it better would have been a snapshot of that Champion's face... :cool:

It was the expansion

v-halloween said:
Well, I was playing The Fertile Plains and I won with only three layers of Ballista Towers around my Palace.

:cool:

I won that one using a bunch of paladins, and spammed healing spells XD.

I'm just now playing through all the campaign levels(I'm a big fan of freemode) but my favorite so far is the one where you have an enemy AI Kingdom(Still pissed off this isn't a multiplayer option).

Also posted in the HoA forums...

Not HoA... but Majesty:

I LOST The Wizard's Curse.

ALL: "What? But that's a beginner quest!"

ME: True, that's why it's such bad luck. The story:

As normal all heroes rounded up the Hooligans and the Spellbook holding one appeared. Next to the Wizard's Guild and the Varg. So the Varg and random lightning bolts kill off the Hooligan. My heroes have no interest in the spellbook so I place a reward flag on it. The Wizard comes out... goes towards it, picks up the book, and goes back into the Tower. Since this isn't good enough for him to spawn the Werwolves I was only left with the option to kill him off. So I builded a Dwarven Settlement next to the Wizards Guild, expecting the Ballista's finishing off the Wizard. No luck... the Wizard thrashed the Settlement. In the meanwhile all my heroes died trying to kill the Wizard, and my kingdom gets overrun with undead, Ratman and Harpies. With a destroyed Marketplace, lack of money and Peasants who get killed once they set one foot outside, my only option was to restart [:^(]

Hassat Hunter said:
Also posted in the HoA forums...

Not HoA... but Majesty:

I LOST The Wizard's Curse.

ALL: "What? But that's a beginner quest!"

ME: True, that's why it's such bad luck. The story:

As normal all heroes rounded up the Hooligans and the Spellbook holding one appeared. Next to the Wizard's Guild and the Varg. So the Varg and random lightning bolts kill off the Hooligan. My heroes have no interest in the spellbook so I place a reward flag on it. The Wizard comes out... goes towards it, picks up the book, and goes back into the Tower. Since this isn't good enough for him to spawn the Werwolves I was only left with the option to kill him off. So I builded a Dwarven Settlement next to the Wizards Guild, expecting the Ballista's finishing off the Wizard. No luck... the Wizard thrashed the Settlement. In the meanwhile all my heroes died trying to kill the Wizard, and my kingdom gets overrun with undead, Ratman and Harpies. With a destroyed Marketplace, lack of money and Peasants who get killed once they set one foot outside, my only option was to restart [:^(]

You should have recruited dwarfs. 1 of them + dwarven settelment is enough

He did. In this case, it appears the Wizard actually managed to win.

A better plan may have been to build the Settlement at home, then built as many ballista towers as you could get away with around his tower.

Idly, of the 'beginner' quests, Wizard's Curse is one of the harder ones. Possibly harder than some Advanced quests, to be perfectly honest.

Yup... all Dwarves got insta-killed by Fireballs.
My Peasants were dropping like flies, so I doubt any could build yet another Ballista (besides that, the Dwarf Settlements couldn't hit the Wizard after he got his defenses up, doubt a ballista would have succes, and I already placed flags so he was considered a foe and to be shot on sight.)

I have a story today for you. I was playing "Quest for the Holy Chalice" before I went to work. I built a Marketplace and a BS , and opened up the fairgrounds so my Pallies and Monks could lvl up. One pallie stayed there and lvled up to 13. Then for some reason she went exploring, and found the chalice site. She then started going off on Rrongol she alone had him down half his HP. So I checked her inventory and she had bought over 15 potions! She keeped kicking his butt, then finally the other Pallies was on their way. She had him down to 5 HP and the pallies walked up and finished him off :rofl: . This was done on the 10th day I belive it went quick. I did not upgrade anything or even missed with the the 2 trading posts. Just researched the Fairgrounds, and then made a Marketplace and BS.

I wonder what the nutritional facts are on Healing Potions? Heroes just chug them down over and over, that can't be healthy.

Then you have little Gnomes downing the same amount, if not more, than heroes twice their size.

If the magic potion industry is anything like the drug industry I doubt many heroes live past 30, that must be why they're always so young.

New MEGA-POTION! Heal all wounds and ailments with a single bottle! From the makers of High-Potion.

Warning: Pregnant women, the elderly and children under 10 should avoid prolonged exposure to MEGA-POTION. MEGA-POTION may cause heroes to suddenly accelerate to dangerous speeds. MEGA-POTION contains potinito 3, which, if heated beyond 100F, should not be touched, consumed, or looked at. Do not use MEGA-POTION in conjunction with any other magical potion, MEGA-POTION may also cause any of the following: Itching, vertigo, dizziness, tingling in extremities, anal bleeding, slurred speech, temporary blindness, profuse sweating, or heart palpitations. If MEGA-POTION begins to smoke, get away immediately. Seek shelter and cover head. When not in use, MEGA-POTION should be kept in its special container and kept under refrigeration... Failure to do so relieves the makers of MEGA-POTION, Magic Potions Incorporated, and its parent company Global Magic Unlimited, of any and all liability.

Ingredients of MEGA-POTION include an unknown glowing substance which fell to Earth, presumably from outer space.

MEGA-POTION has been shipped to our troops in Ardania and is also being dropped by our war-gryphon's on the Goblin lands.

Do not taunt MEGA-POTION.

Hassat Hunter said:
Yup... all Dwarves got insta-killed by Fireballs.
My Peasants were dropping like flies, so I doubt any could build yet another Ballista (besides that, the Dwarf Settlements couldn't hit the Wizard after he got his defenses up, doubt a ballista would have succes, and I already placed flags so he was considered a foe and to be shot on sight.)

It only takes two or three good hits to get him, though, however hard those hits may be to get. Basically, the ploy is about stacking the odds in your favour - the more towers in the area, the more chance you have of nailing him before he can knock them all down.

I'd still prefer to build the Settlement at home for the home-defense effect, though. If push comes to shove, you can start by building the towers at some distance before working them in towards his home, so the ones that don't provoke him can still cover for the ones that do. ;)