• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Jigglybomb

Recruit
15 Badges
Feb 17, 2021
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Stellaris
  • Knights of Honor
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Age of Wonders
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
Hello,

I've been a fan since AoW1, and I'm loving Planetfall. My friend and I played games of AoW1 by email back in the day, and AoW3 over the last few years. I've been looking into how to play Planetfall by email, and from what I can work out, we both need to be on at the same time to start a game, after which point we can take turns when we can? This is a bit awkward for us, as we live on different continents! Is there any way to set up a pbe game, without us negotiating a time when we're both on? (If there isn't, is it a feature that might be added one day?)

I've been looking into how to play Planetfall by email, and from what I can work out, we both need to be on at the same time to start a game, after which point we can take turns when we can?
Yes I think this is correct :( I'm no technician but i think it is due to the PBEM only being named "by mail" for historic reasons the gamefile is not really sent by mail anymore but on their server, which brings a lot of really neat features (e.g. you can switch from "PBEM" to "live" play when you are both online ) - But for you and your friend that means you'll have to negotiate a time for both to be online to start. I wouldn't rule out new features like this but really wouldn't count on it.