• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
@BSLSimes Do you know of another way of doing it?
I don't know of an easy way of doing it which doesn't affect every sponsor in the game. I did exactly what was suggested here, created a mod with a sponsor in it first and then adding GameValue items to it.

The way the sample mods do it is to add code in the sponsor item itself but that doesn't seem to affect things displayed when choosing a sponsor.

Setting it in GameApply in the sponsor item is how the Idiocracy mod does it, but you then can't have the values be calculated for the sponsor select screen (because from what I can gather GameApply doesn't get run until the map is loaded).

Code:
CreateLabelModifier("IdiocracySponsor", "Consts", "SponsorResearch", 0, -50)

Note that the Idiocracy mod has a typo in this line (it has "CreateLabelModifer"), which I've fixed above.

Setting it in GameApply in the sponsor item is how the Idiocracy mod does it, but you then can't have the values be calculated for the sponsor select screen (because from what I can gather GameApply doesn't get run until the map is loaded).

Code:
CreateLabelModifier("IdiocracySponsor", "Consts", "SponsorResearch", 0, -50)

Note that the Idiocracy mod has a typo in this line (it has "CreateLabelModifer"), which I've fixed above.

Couldn't you just do it this way and add a static value in the sponsor description? usually it references the value edited above, but if the edit doesn't take place until a new game starts, you could just remove the reference and add the value into that field? As long as you verify the value is correct so people don't get given the wrong value when using the mod.

Couldn't you just do it this way and add a static value in the sponsor description? usually it references the value edited above, but if the edit doesn't take place until a new game starts, you could just remove the reference and add the value into that field? As long as you verify the value is correct so people don't get given the wrong value when using the mod.

It would need testing but you can just remove the script in the details box that applies to Rare Metal price and just type in your own.

You can of course absolutely do this. It just kind of sucks that you have to.

Also worth noting is that the values in the "param" fields in the sponsor can be used in the calculations in the description text but don't seem to get passed to the GameApply code.

I figured it out put under Game Apply

CreateLabelModifier("YourLabel", "Consts", "ExportPricePreciousMetals", 0, 0)

I would not touch the second number, 25 million is the default, so for instance I wanted mine to be similar to India's so i typed

CreateLabelModifier("CanadaMetal", "Consts", "ExportPricePreciousMetals", -1, 0)

Making it 24 million

Hope it helps

NOTE- it will not show the change in the description for some reason I don't know how to make it get the changed number by like game code for instance
I'm also very new so sorry if Im confusing

$<ExportPricePreciousMetals> M
I'm just gonna type 24 M

CreateLabelModifier("CanadaMetal", "Consts", "ExportPricePreciousMetals", -1, 0)

This works, I tested it.

If you want if to go up by 10 it would look like this:
CreateLabelModifier("CanadaMetal", "Consts", "ExportPricePreciousMetals", 10, 0)

That would pay out 35M.

This is awesome. Thanks for looking into this and get getting it running. Now I'm not messing with other Sponsors. :)