• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

alexlee24

Recruit
Apr 22, 2023
I have a high FPS such as 150 to 160 when the game pauses, but when I unpause the game, my FPS drop to about 60 to 70.
I know it was a good FPS number I know, the problem is I have 60 FPS, but when I panned the camera around the graph, it stuttered, and it was very hard to play.

i7 12700KF
RTX3060
64GB RAM

As it seems you realise, the fps as such is not very important once it's over about 20 or 30. Obviously the stuttering is an issue.

Has this always been the case since you've had this game? Or it was okay up to some point?

Does the size of the galaxy you play make any difference?

Does it happen right from the start, or only in mid or late game play?

Is this only happening on speed 5, or lower speeds?

Right click on stellaris.exe , properties, compatibility. Tick "disable fullScreen optimisations" untick every other box in that dialog, Apply and exit.
Then unload GeForce Experience if loaded.
Then in the launcher Game Settings menu, select fullScreen display mode, Vsync off, then cap the refresh rate at 60.

If that doesn't help:
DXDIAG is a program you run from the Windows search box on the task bar. After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

Please attach here your Documents/Paradox Interactive/Stellaris/settings.txt and pdx_settings.txt .
From your Documents/Paradox Interactive/Stellaris/logs/ folder, attach here system.log , error.log .

I don't know when it started, maybe after buying the "Utopia" DLC

I'm not sure the size of the galaxy makes a difference, I've only played with 400 and 600-star sizes, but the problem persists. (for mid-game)

Game time, very early games rarely have this problem, but as time goes by, this problem will become more and more, showing an exponential curve. My current game archive is 2666, and this problem always occurs.

All speeds will have this problem.

I ticked "Disable fullscreen optimization" and unchecked all other boxes in that dialog, it just makes the fps higher, but the problem persists.

Uninstall GeForce Exp, and the problem remains.

Attachments

• pdx_settings.txt
    383 bytes · Views: 0
  • settings.txt
    1,3 KB · Views: 0
  • error.log
    6,3 KB · Views: 0
  • system.log
    10,6 KB · Views: 0
DXDIAG is a program you run from the Windows search box on the task bar. After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

I ticked "Disable fullscreen optimization" and unchecked all other boxes in that dialog, it just makes the fps higher, but the problem persists.
You haven't done everything I suggested here, the refresh rate is set to 170 still and you are in borderless mode:
Then in the launcher Game Settings menu, select fullScreen display mode, Vsync off, then cap the refresh rate at 60.

Also update that nVidia driver to April 2023:

And make sure GeForce Experience is unloaded after doing that.