• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

geoffpurcell

Sergeant
1 Badges
Jul 27, 2004
  • Arsenal of Democracy
Hi,

I ages ago bought a CD of Europa Universalis Rome. I vaguely recall being able to install it on my previous PC without issues. Now that I have exchanged my original faulty hard drive with a new SSD hard drive, all subsequent installations create a tiny tv on the taskbar with a green screen and a yellow triangle on the green screen pointing right. The installation does nothing more than that and obviously stalls. When I try to use the windows task manager to get rid of the tv symbol and get back to normal, nothing happens except for a message stating that the windows task manager is not working and that I should press "end process". The only way out is to shut off the electricity from the mains, as if I try to just switch off the computer, ithe PC becomes incapable of turning itself off. Is there any solution to this?

Did you try seeing if the disc is still working properly? Or just downloading it via Steam (I can't remember if EU:R keys work though, or if it has one for that matter)?