• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A focused ambition, allies, strategic plan, manufacturing, and luck will make the difference.

Greenhill Books has two entertaining entries in this matter: "The Hitler Options" and "Third Reich Victorious" with sealion options amongst others.

Considering how messed up Japan was under the ai, and how he managed to emigrate to New Zealand while bypassing the USA, British, Australian and New Zealand Navies, he did alright in that campaign. =)

Reactions:
Chunnel baby chunnel!

5136AWXS0WL._AC_UL320_SR232,320_.jpg

Reactions:
I would have thought the way to defeat the UK at sea would be:

1. Do some investment into German naval dockyards prewar
2. Invest research and production into new ships, naval doctrines, naval bombers and fighters
3. Once France is defeated, seize their coast for more dockyards
4. Invest in a real surface battle fleet instead of just harassing with submarines and raiders
5. Focus everything on gaining and maintaining air and sea superiority over the channel

You might have to delay Barbarossa, but if you can end up with the UK puppeted it'll be worth it.

Reactions:
Have Italy not be completely useless.
Bomb/submarine the Royal Navy into the depths.
Have actual landing ships and marines before you need them, instead of thinking about how you might get some when you already need them.

Reactions:
Build a lot of planes and defeat the British air force. Meantime build a lot of transports. Then, when you have the air superiority, you drop some paratroopers on a harbor (or around it and you capture it). Then, you send your army in England by the transports (maybe send your fight fleet in Ireland or some place far away from where you disembark to don't have to fight against the Navy). Then, you take all the country, with first the harbor to neutralize the Navy.

I did this in Darkest Hour and it worked.

I will limit myself to just spam subs and naval bombers for the first try and sink the entire RN. If that isn't working, I will put all in fighters and a million paratroopers.

If that doesn't work as well, I'm happy, because that would indicate its a real challenge, just how it should be.

Not sure how people can disagree with a question, but whatever...

I really hope (and it seems to be the case as long as the British AI isn't forgetting to patrol the channel) that the invasion of the UK will be much more difficult in HoI 4 than it was in previous games, where you often could invade England shortly after you defeated France.

Reactions: