• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

lostinspace1323

Recruit
May 24, 2020
I played before the update but now have no idea how to make or customize sectors. When I colonize far away planets it makes one but I still have to manually run it and I can’t change what planets it covers. Any help is appreciated.

Wanted to say I have this issue too, although I have only played the console version since season 2/v2.2 dropped, so i don't know if it ever had the ability manage planets/sectors. I have seen footage of PC of it in action, but cannot figure out a way to do it either.

Sectors in the current console version differ wildly from Ye Olde Sectores.

Basically, for current version sectors, if you colonize a planet more than 2 (or 3, I forget) jumps away from any of your other colonies, it forms a new sector. That's it. That's the mystery.

As far as assigning AI control over your sectors, you can do so by giving them a focus and providing resources, though I haven't really experimented with this. I'm probably still a little biased from all my past Stellaris experiences that taught me that the management AI is a pile of hot garbage that can't be trusted.

At the moment there is no real way to manage sectors or planets, not like previous to the big update anyway; and it is a definite headache whenever you start getting planets into double digit numbers. I used to fully develop planets and then sector them off with no ai control so the ai couldn't mess up what I'd done. Now you're just stuck with them in the planet list permanently. And they move around and don't appear in any logical order either. It's a real annoyance. I would happily go back to prepatch if that's what it took to properly manage an empires sectors again. I love the new features, but they don't make up for having a list of 90+ planets to scroll through.

• 2Like
Reactions:

Basically, for current version sectors, if you colonize a planet more than 2 (or 3, I forget) jumps away from any of your other colonies, it forms a new sector. That's it. That's the mystery.

As far as assigning AI control over your sectors, you can do so by giving them a focus and providing resources, though I haven't really experimented with this. I'm probably still a little biased from all my past Stellaris experiences that taught me that the management AI is a pile of hot garbage that can't be trusted.
One thing i hated about using sectors in 1.7 was that the AI was constantly colanising new planets and constantly draining my influence because you required influence to colonise planets 1.7

• 1Like
Reactions:

I really miss "Ye Olde Sectores". Sectors in 2.2 are a huge step backward and a pain in the arse. I feel like I've gone from Galactic Empire Executive to Galactic Empire Micro Manager.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Good to hear it isn't me just not figuring something out. I had a thought you could possibly move a planet up/down in the outliner, but no.
Hopefully there is some news for the patch next week for the new dlc.