• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(31766)

Recruit
Jul 11, 2004
Hello,

It is 3 month I tell myself "come on, try to replay Victoria to prepare V2", but I can't bear play it because of a graphic bug.
I have indeed a black screen coming quite often every 5 or 10 seconds, that is not so serious, but after 30mn I am very very tired of that.

My version of Victoria is the last I can find and my hardware is :
Intel Core 2 Duo P8400
GeForce 9700M GT
Windows Vista
18.4" full hd screen

Does any developer can give me advice :-( ?

I just reinstalled the game along with revolutions and I'm having the same issue. Just reinstalled HoI2: DD and also having the same problem with that game.

Running Windows 7
core i7 cpu 920@2.67 ghz
3 gig ram
Nvidia GeForce GT 220

Did you rename the folder AVI to something else?

Nope, should I have?

It's usually recommended. It stops the intro video from being played which has been known to cause problems similar to what you describe.

It's usually recommended. It stops the intro video from being played which has been known to cause problems similar to what you describe.

Tried that, and now its blinking about once every 1 or 2 seconds, almost a constant flicker. I've tried running it in compatibility mode for windows xp, disabled a heap of things. Not having this issue on other games I've tried running, even older games. Not sure what the issue is.