• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Chapter 19: Wars, Alliances and fighting the heathens.​

Scottish_royal_coat_of_arms.png

The year is 1291. The United Kingdom of Scottish Territories (new name was given so as to stop confusion between the use of both the United Kingdom and the Kingdom of Scotland on official documents) was a land in turmoil, going through the process of centralising power in the Isles yet in doing so had alienated thier overseas vassals and splitting thier vassals in the Isles between factions wanting the old days of the glorious acquisition of foriegn days and others supporting the current course of stabilisation.

April 7 1291. So was to begin a period of war for the Scots. This beginning fight was to be one of the most useful however. On 'inheriting' the former English lands they were denied the lands in and around the lands claimed by the Count of Cornwall for the formation of his Dukedom. To put it simply Somerset, Devon and Exeter were promptly brought back into the fold of the Catholic Isles. However, Qarakhnid was not ready to give up and so would begin four years of back and forth battle that would cut its way through Europe.
1291warquar.jpg

Within this period Raoul became very ill, in body and in mind. It seemed that the stress of the current situations had gotten to him and had reduced him to a sickly state indeed.
1291dec-1292janstressed.jpg

September 16, 1292. The defeat and conquering of the province of Nishapur brought the war against Qarakhnid to a turning point. It would surely be a downhill battle for the Scots now.
1292sept16nashlib.jpg

April 29, 1293. The long period of civil strife in the United Kingdom of Scottish Territories was finally declared to be over. Yet how long would it last? Only time would tell, and as previous experience showed there was always a snake lying in the corner waiting to strike.
1293apr29civilwarover.jpg

The years 1293-95 marked a period of of victory against Qarakhnid. Lands in Europe were taken and the heathens were beaten into submission, climaxing of a foreign diplomat falling to the feet of the King of the United Kingdom of Scottish Territories and begging for mercy from thier great enemy. The Scots were not war-mongers and of course gave peace. Hopefully it would show thier vassals that they are merciful to those who are peaceful towards them, yet if need be, can crush all resistance and bring enemy forces to thier knees.
1293-95quartopeace.jpg

A beginning of an alliance with the large Kingdom of Burgundy. One which was to have dire consequences to the integrity and prestige of the United Kingdom of Scottish Territories.
1296sep6burgall.jpg

Being a man of honour when the Kingdom of Burgundy asked for help in thier quarrels Raoul was more then happy to oblige. Yet the requests kept of pouring in until Raoul noticed with horror his nation was now in war with many large powers around Europe. Raouls policy soon changed to one of fake complience with Burgundian requests after the year of 1297.
1297-97burgwars.jpg

1298, Raoul decided to do what he does best and decided to go on a little crusade. Needless to say the holy city of Jerusalum was soon in Christian, and Scottish hands.
1298jeurusalum.jpg

As the news of the capturing of Jerusalum spread throughout the world the United Kingdom of Scottish territories still face multiple troubles. Thier vassals in Wales decided that the whole of the holy land must be taken for the good of Christianity. The Kingdom of Assassin, Seljuk Turks and the old nemesis of the Scots, the Fatimids, were now at war with the United Kingdom of Scottish territories.
1299heathenwars.jpg

With half of Western Europe as enemies and the Holy Land provoked into war by over eager vassals the United Kingdom of Scottish Territories certainly has a handful. To think all they wanted was to unite thier peoples of the British Isles under one banner, yet now they are hated by much of the known world. It would be a time of trials and tribulation where the end result is either greatness or destruction.Till next time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay, Uni semester all done so expect plenty of updates of both this and my other AAR. (within reason of course)

I must say that this update had lots of events. Scotland seem to have plenty of enemies.

First the Isles, then the whole of Christendom - and beyond!

No wonder he is getting a bit stressed.

I have decided to dicontinue this AAR, basically as it becomes a uninteresting grind and frankly I don't feel like writing any more chapters...my Baliol one will be continuing, but for Scotland this is the end. Cheers to all the readers and that, your comments have spurred me on over the months...

Pity. I was enjoying reading this one. Last update was so promising that I awaited another great chapter, when I saw that you have posted in this thread. :(

Slasher said:
I have decided to dicontinue this AAR, basically as it becomes a uninteresting grind and frankly I don't feel like writing any more chapters...my Baliol one will be continuing, but for Scotland this is the end. Cheers to all the readers and that, your comments have spurred me on over the months...
A shame to hear about this decision, but perhaps for the best if you are not enjoying it.

stnylan said:
A shame to hear about this decision, but perhaps for the best if you are not enjoying it.

Indeed... :)