• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Enewald: You still might be able to conquer the world...

A bit of a steep challenge methinks! Plus, cant stab Castille, Aragon and co in the back now. We've been allies for literally centuries!

dinofs: Almost 90 years to go, I'd say that's more than enough time for a WC.:D
90?? I'm on vanilla, so I think its less than that. 1792?

comagoosie: Everyone knows that Japan only builds galleys :p

Piece of cake.
True. But they did have over 300 (!!?!) of the buggers. And they wrecked my small asian navy. Victory over Ming (of which more shortly) took 7 years :(

FrodoB: It's ALIVE!!!!!

Now I don't have to fear the accusations of necrophilia...

or was that necromancy??

It's so confusing.
It is indeed :)

The 5 year war (1732-7)

The 5 year war (1732-7)

Ming's new alliance with Imperial Japan created major problems for the stretched Scottish Navy. After several disasters and ambushes, her troops had to travel overland across India and through the Himalayas. Disease killed tens of thousands of Scottish troops.

But, after 5 years at war, Scotland finally forced Ming to surrender the heart of her pottery and china industry.

mingvic.jpg

Meanwhile, Scotland had begun to force Austria's allies out of the war - beginning with Mecklenburg and the capture of the final non-Scottish centre of trade in the Americas....

mecksurrender.jpg

....then the annexation of Tyrone....

tyrone.jpg

...and the defeat of Poland and seizure of Lublin.

By July 1737 Scottish and Burgundian forces had over-run virtually all of the Austrian empire. With her manpower resources exhausted by global war, Scotland brought Austria to the negotiating table - gathering 3 rich new provinces.

easteurope.jpg

The Timurids too had been forced back after early advances. But Scotland needed peace, and a chance to rebuild her shattered armies.

timurid.jpg

High time to reinforce your navy a little. Can't properly run an empire like yours without a decent navy. It's not like you don't have the ducats for it.

Enewald: Pirates on baltic?
Well - tis a Scottish sea, and therefore ill-policed.... :eek:o

Qorten: High time to reinforce your navy a little. Can't properly run an empire like yours without a decent navy. It's not like you don't have the ducats for it.
Another 30 threedeckers have been purchased :rolleyes: Will order some more when the next lot of tax arrives!

comagoosie: Yeah...necrophilia...let's' not discuss that

How come Ireland isn't a nice tone of yellow? Considering historically the scottish were interested in Ireland
A very good idea sir! Ireland should turn a nice yellow. Lets bash the Frenchies again :)

End of overseas ambitions….. (1739-42)

February 1739 saw France forced to give up her last territory in the Caribbean, and Scotland grow her Irish possessions.

francsurr.jpg

Another suicidal Mali attack = Jenne. Thank you kindly

mali.jpg

September 1741 – the last Portuguese territory in the Pacific, Bone – is now Scottish.

portugal.jpg

A year later Bohemia declares war. Completely surrounded by Scotland, her people questioned the mental state of the Bohemian king…..

bohemiastartsit.jpg

:rolleyes: Silly Bohemians...

All I can hear is Freddie Mercury singing Bohemian Rhapsody now....stupid Czechs :wacko: