• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

The Great Duck

Eternal leader of all Ducks
Dec 13, 2006
I am opening this thread for discussion of the starting set ups in the countries at the beginning of the scenarios (ideologies,cabinets,starting techs...),as well as the possible scenarios we might add in the future,as we AFAIK don't have such threads until now.
One thing I think should be changed is that the Asian Communists alliance should be renamed to Maoists,as there were countries in Asia that supported USSR,and not PRC (Vietnam),and some countries in other parts of the world supported PRC (like Albania).

Well about the new scenarios.... we could add one for Vietnam war if someone with good Photoshoping skills :rolleyes: decides to modify the map and include new provs.

Kretoxian said:
Well about the new scenarios.... we could add one for Vietnam war if someone with good Photoshoping skills :rolleyes: decides to modify the map and include new provs.

Hello I am new to this, I was trying to create an Indochina Scenario, but failed. I think 1955 is way to late to start. Start it in 1945. The First Indochina War lasted to 1954. Provinces to be included: Have Saigon split. Saigon to the east, Cu Chi to the west with a partisan revolt risk of 80%.

Hanoi moved above Haiphong (to be geographically correct). Hanoi split in two provinces. West is Dien Bien Phu (the battle that won the 1st Indochina war). The east Hanoi. Da Nang to be split into three provinces. To the north, Ha Tinh. Then Hue and Da Nang. Qui Non to be renamed Qui Nhon. Land Forts at Cu Chi, Saigon, Paske (Laos), Nhommarath, Luang Prabang (Ho Chi Minh Trail went into Laos). also at Dien Bien Phu and Hanoi.

2/9/54= VIETNAM DECLARE INDEPENDENCE : EVENT: AKNOWLEDGE INDEPENDENCE OR GO "CRUSH THE COMMUNISTS" (War with Vietnam)
1949-1954 have South Vietnam in a military alliance with France. If North Vietnam occupy Dien Bien Phu, Hanoi, Haiphong, Ha Tinh) triggers Geneva 1954 event. "Ceasefire"

Then another event will occur "ELECTIONS IN VIETNAM"

Elections: "Have Elections with North Vietnam" (North Vietnam successful coup of South Vietnam)
"Reject Elections with North Vietnam (Enter alliance with USA, USA guarantees South Vietnam independence, USA send expeditionary force, partisan activity in south increased to 60%-80%)

Just a few ideas, I like to help with this on the historical side. I am at the moment in Vietnam and studied a bit on the beginnings of the war. Any questions I will try to help, hope this has helped!! :)

sptucker26 said:
Hello I am new to this, I was trying to create an Indochina Scenario, but failed. I think 1955 is way to late to start. Start it in 1945. The First Indochina War lasted to 1954. Provinces to be included: Have Saigon split. Saigon to the east, Cu Chi to the west with a partisan revolt risk of 80%.

Hanoi moved above Haiphong (to be geographically correct). Hanoi split in two provinces. West is Dien Bien Phu (the battle that won the 1st Indochina war). The east Hanoi. Da Nang to be split into three provinces. To the north, Ha Tinh. Then Hue and Da Nang. Qui Non to be renamed Qui Nhon. Land Forts at Cu Chi, Saigon, Paske (Laos), Nhommarath, Luang Prabang (Ho Chi Minh Trail went into Laos). also at Dien Bien Phu and Hanoi.

First of all, the starting and the finish date are unalterable, the original mod was intended for 1955 to 1995 (included) and that's the timeframe of this one.

Second: your ideas about the map change are very interesting and if we can find somebody who knows how to change the map they're probably be included. Just one thing, you should post your ideas (if possible with a pic of how the map should look like) in this thread , if you want an example of a changement suggestion check the first and the third page of that thread.

sptucker26 said:
2/9/54= VIETNAM DECLARE INDEPENDENCE : EVENT: AKNOWLEDGE INDEPENDENCE OR GO "CRUSH THE COMMUNISTS" (War with Vietnam)
1949-1954 have South Vietnam in a military alliance with France. If North Vietnam occupy Dien Bien Phu, Hanoi, Haiphong, Ha Tinh) triggers Geneva 1954 event. "Ceasefire"

Then another event will occur "ELECTIONS IN VIETNAM"

Elections: "Have Elections with North Vietnam" (North Vietnam successful coup of South Vietnam)
"Reject Elections with North Vietnam (Enter alliance with USA, USA guarantees South Vietnam independence, USA send expeditionary force, partisan activity in south increased to 60%-80%)

Just a few ideas, I like to help with this on the historical side. I am at the moment in Vietnam and studied a bit on the beginnings of the war. Any questions I will try to help, hope this has helped!! :)

Thank for your ideas but as i said before the mod goes from 1955 to 1995, however your help is very appreciated specially in the Vietnamese subject because it's trully a mess.