• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(562)

Private
Dec 18, 2000
Visit site
I have a lot of questions regarding making scenarios!
-
Is there a manual or help file that describes how to do?
-
How will I make a new scenario just edit a .eug file, To declare which power to be included.
-
Is the inc file used to define which territory that belongs to the different powers?
-
Is it possible to program the behaviour of the computer controlled powers or does the game engine do this automatic?

The ***.inc files decide 1. What countries are major players (eight is the default maximum, nine can still be seen on the selection menu, you could have like 60 major powers but you would only be able to see the first 9 on the selection screen) and 2. what ***.eug file is loaded. At the bottom of Der Grand Campaign.inc it says to loat 1492.inc.

As for the inc files, just spend a lot of time trying to edit them when BACKING up your files after probably one or two changes every time. It's really easy to edit the file, but even easier to mess up and corrupt it.

Err... actually the eugfile defines the major powers and decides which incfile is loaded :p ;) But reading driedcow´s post again, I think, this is actually what he meant all along and he just made a typo. :)
There are AI files, where You can change some of the more general behavior of various countries (where they tend to expand etc.).

Hartmann