Saved Game No Longer Loads: Failed to localize leader name with key...

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Osiris1975

Sergeant
42 Badges
Dec 31, 2017
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
I have a save that I was playing fine, then I quit the game, restarted, and now it won't load. There are a bunch of ' Failed to localize leader name with key ' at the end of the crash log. I've attached the file.

I'd really appreciate any help as I was really enjoying this playthrough. I do have a lot of mods and I did hear the PI made some changes to namelists so not sure if this would've broken from that.

Attachments

• error.log
    24,3 MB · Views: 0
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Having the same problem here, its very frustrating. My save wont let me go past a certain date, it freezes with this error every time.
I've been modding namelists quite a bit lately and I am not sure this is the cause of the freezing. It's such a common error that it just appears so. I believe any mod that uses namelists but does not include the localizations for those lists will show this error. As far as I can tell since it's not a critical error it wouldn't actually cause a game crash.

Reactions:
The original error log is HUGE and FILLED with mod errors which is abnormal. Just wrong syntax left and right. And even one wrong syntax can cause a cascade of errors and crashes.

You're right that the "Failed to localize" shouldn't be fatal.

As for solving it, make sure all mods are updated to 3.7, see if still happens, disable mods until it doesn't happen

The original error log is HUGE and FILLED with mod errors which is abnormal. Just wrong syntax left and right. And even one wrong syntax can cause a cascade of errors and crashes.

You're right that the "Failed to localize" shouldn't be fatal.

As for solving it, make sure all mods are updated to 3.7, see if still happens, disable mods until it doesn't happen
Also see if there are any script errors. Those can cause crashes. I had to disable gigastructures mod due to script errors but my crashed stopped once I did.