• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(170187)

Captain
2 Badges
Sep 30, 2009
  • Majesty 2
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
I installed the patch so I can't run the map editor. But before I uninstall the game and reinstall it just to get map editing I wanna know if my idea is do able from those who have fiddled with the editor already.

Can you setup a trigger to start spawning monsters on the edge of the map when you destroy a lair? The reason I ask is because you could setup several lairs that don't spawn monsters and let the player destroy the one they want and that would determine what kind of monsters start spawning at the map edge. Since on some missions monsters come onto the map at the edge instead of at a lair.

This could create sorta a fake freestyle mode. As well as let a player build up a good size base then unless a ton of monsters to fend off.

Sounds promising.

I have currently a map following this state :
-random player location
-randomize gold
-spawn lair at random place
-randomly spawn trading post and temple areas
-spawn monster from lairs, evolution speed is randomized
-monster guard lairs.
what I still have to do :
-spawn monster of map border
-debug the display of trading post and temple area (seeable on the minymap, but no donkey or light place)
-debug on monster behaviour (do not attack anyhing else than the castle)
It will greatly help if someone know :
-how to tag all unit in a single area
-how to generate pak files

If you don't want to wait, beta is here : http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=4ee7240d590e57d90c814df2efeadc50e04e75f6e8ebb871

Last edited: