• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

monatomic

Second Lieutenant
14 Badges
Mar 13, 2019
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
I started Stellaris with the same DLC that I've been playing. Why am I presented with a demand to agree to a new EULA? Can't I play the game I paid for without some new agreement?

The date says it was updated March 1, 2023; near the bottom it says:
We may amend this Agreement from time to time by posting an updated version on our Services. The amendments will come into effect after 30 days so make sure to review the agreement often. Your continued use of the Service after the changes come into effect means that you have accepted them.
30 days have not elapsed, so why does Steam block me from proceeding?

Attachments

• stellaris eula mar 2023.PNG
    stellaris eula mar 2023.PNG
    57,3 KB · Views: 0
  • Paradox eula.PNG
    Paradox eula.PNG
    51,9 KB · Views: 0
This is covered here:
from back in January.

Essentially the new EULA is not functionally different from the previous one. It clarifies and simplifies a number of matters, and gathers all the information on such issues in one place.

If you had no problem agreeing to the previous one, so far as I can see this one ought to present no problem for you. Is there something in there not in the previous one you have an issue with?

This is covered here:
from back in January.

Essentially the new EULA is not functionally different from the previous one. It clarifies and simplifies a number of matters, and gathers all the information on such issues in one place.

If you had no problem agreeing to the previous one, so far as I can see this one ought to present no problem for you. Is there something in there not in the previous one you have an issue with?
Thank you for your reply and for emphasizing that it is not functionally different.

Mainly, I was surprised to see "You must agree with the terms [...]" when there was no obvious change to the game itself. I had assumed your EULA updates were for the new upcoming titles.

Again thanks for the clarification.