• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Apoplekt

Sergeant
6 Badges
Nov 15, 2019
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
I've noticed that many fields in the resource editor need to reference definitions found in another RPK file. However, the source RPKs aren't always visible depending on the referencing RPK (the one you are trying to edit).

This isn't very clear, so I provide the examples I worked on:

• When editing Disruption Virus (Artificial), the targeter definitions for Crystal Shotgun (Arc) are not visible/selectable. In fact, most of the arc weapons' targeters are not visible, but one - the Arc Buzzer - is visible. However, from other places, I can access it. And both of them can see the Explosives series of targeters, despite being less closely related.
  • When editing the Penguin unit, the structure requirements (such as the military barracks) are missing. But those are perfectly visible (and used) when editing another RPK, like the Amazon units.
So, if anyone is actually reading this subforum, what governs this visibility thing? I can't seem to find any relation as to why something would be visible or otherwise. And more importantly, if something isn't visible, how do I make it so?

Well, yes, that makes sense for an unmodded game but we're talking about modding here, so I'd hope it isn't so hardcoded that I'm unable to change it...

Also, it's not that I can't assign a requirement, actually I can. But like two-thirds of the requirements are plain missing (only from the penguin file), even though the rest are there. And I can't tell why, because the rest of the file looks almost identical...

In case any dev is watching, I'm still trying to crack this, so any support or explanation would be helpful.

If anyone in the future is looking for answers and found this thread, I've got the answer. It isn't quite enough to finish my mod, but perhaps it will help you:

Pick 'Content' from the top menu (File, Edit etc)
For RPK files, pick 'Resource Packs', the other entries are for other filetypes
Click the 'Add' button
You will have to locate the RPK file manually through the filestructure, but it shouldn't take too much guesswork if you already know what file it is.
After that, it and its contents should start showing up in the appropriate fields.