Royal Court Update - Save Games and Things To Know!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

PDX_Pariah

Community Manager
Jul 21, 2020
Howdy all!

With Royal Court just around the corner, we are excited to see what the future holds and how it shapes the game to come.

As always before a launch, we encourage you to wrap up any Ironman or other saved games you might have in process as the update to 1.5.0 will almost certainly create issues with those saved games.

We would love to see what you have been working on before Royal Court, so show us those Characters that you love the most, the Stories you feel are worth telling, the most memorable Deaths in game, or just the best End Game Screens that you have! Share with us in this thread so we can enjoy together!

Additionally, we are showing early results that indicate this will be a bit too much to bear for most of those saved games and there is not a high chance of those saves making it through unscathed.

If you would like to hold out for future patches, just remember that launching those saved files before the future patch means YOU CANNOT ROLL SAVES BACK to before the time you launch it in a new version.

So, get out there and live those stories you love so dearly and we will see you on the other side of Royal Court!

-SP

• 7Like
Reactions:
ONE_CULTURE_HQ_PRETTY.png

In honor of the culture update, the one culture I did almost a year ago. How time flies...

• 3Like
  • 3Love
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
1643825890059.png

This is by far my best playthrough. My dynasty rules Sicily, Tunisia, and Egypt. I invaded ERE and established my own empire. Frankokratia!

edit: Also here's that one time I owned the Baltic

1643826343230.png

Last edited:
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Can't wait for the full changelog.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Starting in 1066 as Eudes, the last Karling, alliances and fabrications allowed me to conquer sections of northern France, which I used to help me holy war duchies in Andalusia. Using those, I conquered further duchies under the French King until I was strong enough to declare independence, along with most of the French kingdom as my vassals. From there, it was a mere formality to claim the rest of France and then to put a decidedly French spin on the Reconquista.

Along the way, many Crusades were called, all won by the Karling dynasty, placing the eldest daughter of the current King on the thrones of Jerusalem, Wallachia, Egypt, Syria, Africa, Mesopotamia, and Persia. The Kingdom of Jerusalem would also go on to conquer Arabia and have started landing in the Horn of Africa, meanwhile the Kingdom of Africa is in the process of expanding south, into the Kingdom of Sahara. French daughters would also repeatedly be married into the Eastern Roman and English courts, constantly cementing close family ties and alliances with them.

The opportunity to invite the great-grandson of the then King of Sweden to the French court allowed a matrilineal marriage to a French princess, thus usurping the royal dynasty in Sweden with that of the Karlings. That branch would go on to conquer Estonia/Finland and then split their realm into two, thus making the Karlings truly a dynasty of many crowns. Ten to be exact. (Not including the twenty Kingdoms held by the Karling Dynast and Emperor.)

The main purpose of the run of course was to restore the Karling dynasty to the glory days of Pepin and Charlemagne, which was done and then some. France, Aquitaine, Burgundy, Brittany, Andalusia, Valencia, Aragon, Badajoz, Navarra, Castille, Leon, Galicia, Maghreb, Tahert, Italy, Romagna/Papacy, Sardinia, Lotharingia, Frisia, Germany, Bavaria. All these kingdoms fell to the Karling Emperors and are now considered de jure parts of Francia. The false Germanic Holy Roman Empire was conquered and dismantled, with the former Emperor delegated to being a mere count in Pomerania.

The Karling dynasty has long since achieved Legendary status, with every Dynast being recognized as a Living Legend and a Religious Icon.

20220202183134_1.png

I mean if you count most of the Karling thrones and the fact that every generation is allied to the Eastern Roman Empire, you kinda have a quasi Roman Empire.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions:
I had these screenshots from a post on Reddit.
But starting in 1066, as Edgar of Warwick, I turned his fate around. Instead of Edgar Aetheling spending the rest of his life on the wrong side of every Norman dynastic conflict, I worked diligently, and retook the throne of England. My grandfather had lost the throne to the Norwegians, and my grand uncle had retaken it. I tried to remain just the King of England, but I got tired of the Irish, so ended up forming Britannia. I then returned ancient insults, by invading and conquering West Francia, Denmark, and Norway, all of whom had been fighting over England in 1066.
My coolest run yet!

Attachments

• Edgar II.jpg
    Edgar II.jpg
    430,5 KB · Views: 0
  • Edgar II cont....jpg
    Edgar II cont....jpg
    653,8 KB · Views: 0
I had these screenshots from a post on Reddit.
But starting in 1066, as Edgar of Warwick, I turned his fate around. Instead of Edgar Aetheling spending the rest of his life on the wrong side of every Norman dynastic conflict, I worked diligently, and retook the throne of England. My grandfather had lost the throne to the Norwegians, and my grand uncle had retaken it. I tried to remain just the King of England, but I got tired of the Irish, so ended up forming Britannia. I then returned ancient insults, by invading and conquering West Francia, Denmark, and Norway, all of whom had been fighting over England in 1066.
My coolest run yet!
How did William lose the war?

How did you survive William then? Doesn't his cb seize all of southern England including your demense?
It seizes everything he occupies. If you are lucky, you can avoid being seiged. Or use your own troops to deseige your county just before he wins. If you are a Duke, he'll dethrone you by default. But since you start with just one county, it's hard to be a duke by the time he wins. So you will likely survive.

It seizes everything he occupies. If you are lucky, you can avoid being seiged. Or use your own troops to deseige your county just before he wins. If you are a Duke, he'll dethrone you by default. But since you start with just one county, it's hard to be a duke by the time he wins. So you will likely survive.
Huh? I mean it was release patch so mightve changed, but i swear its preset he gets the south, I'll load up the game when home

Huh? I mean it was release patch so mightve changed, but i swear its preset he gets the south, I'll load up the game when home
He usually does, but Warwick is in Mercia, it's middle England. He usually grabs Everything South of Mercia. He rarely lays siege to Merica and the North unless the Dukes interfere and piss him off. If he does beseige the county of Warwick though, he does get it when the war ends, and your playthrough is probably brought to an abrupt end unless you managed to secure other lands.
Even if you manage to survive the Norman conquest, the Godwins, Norweigians, and Normans really want to revoke your titles, everytime, so there is a lot of luck.

Reactions:
2022_01_16_13.png

2022_01_16_30.png

2022_01_16_34.png

Quite a few achievements with that playthrough! Started off as Ivar, took the historical route of having his family focus on Ireland and Scotland, then conquered Wales, England, Norway and Denmark, then the last remaining Celtic lands in Brittany, before finally conquering Thessalonica (via a quick war to grab Ibiza). Uí Ímair is how the descendants of Ivar were known in the Irish Gaelic language that they historically adopted. I accidentally misspelled it as Úi and didn't notice until today.