• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

TrotBot

Banned
48 Badges
Feb 2, 2018
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
I just got the Grunur as a Rogue Servitor. Which made me remember I love making resort worlds out of small gaia planets. But I can't do that as a Rogue Servitor. It would be pretty cool to have a resort world for my biotrophies to vacation in. A vacation on a gaia world, away from their mandatory permanent vacation on my relic homeworld :)

Let Rogue Servitors get the resort tech, and reskin the resort world to be for biotrophies and to attract migrants (in the federation, since migration treaties aren't allowed yet) and refugees to come get mandatory pampered.

Reactions:
I'd have to disagree with the idea, simply because the bio-trophies arent really trophies as such . they are pampered citizens and well looked after by their machine masters. basically on a permanent holiday

There is nothing stopping anyone from building bio-trophy buildings in all Gaia world slots already giving the resort world effect so to speak

I'd have to disagree with the idea, simply because the bio-trophies arent really trophies as such . they are pampered citizens and well looked after by their machine masters. basically on a permanent holiday

There is nothing stopping anyone from building bio-trophy buildings in all Gaia world slots already giving the resort world effect so to speak
i have no idea why any of what you said stops them from having resort worlds

i have no idea why any of what you said stops them from having resort worlds
Basically the descriptions of rogue servitor says it all.
Mandatory Pampering
This living standard enshrines a small population of organic beings as display pieces, through relentless and unyielding pampering.
Bio-Trophy isn't a job it's as described in living standards and Rogue servitor.

Also Ecunumeropolis worlds already act as resort worlds as you can build bio trophy districts.
All the needs of the bio species are met. This means it's basically a long Holiday no work continuous rest etc.

Edit:- Myself I do not see why the Machine intelligence would also allow their precious bio species to travel. They are relentless in protecting them. It can also be seen as a sort of prison for the bio species. as described in the living standards {Display Pieces}

Last edited:
Basically the descriptions of rogue servitor says it all.
Mandatory Pampering
This living standard enshrines a small population of organic beings as display pieces, through relentless and unyielding pampering.
Bio-Trophy isn't a job it's as described in living standards and Rogue servitor.

Also Ecunumeropolis worlds already act as resort worlds as you can build bio trophy districts.
All the needs of the bio species are met. This means it's basically a long Holiday no work continuous rest etc.

Edit:- Myself I do not see why the Machine intelligence would also allow their precious bio species to travel. They are relentless in protecting them. It can also be seen as a sort of prison for the bio species. as described in the living standards {Display Pieces}
I keep seeing this "evil servitors" theory popping up, and it seems most people don't realize servitors are kind of based on the culture, which is a space communist society with AI taking care of the humans (their translated name for thousands of xenocompatible species that are basically one). In the culture the humans are free to travel anywhere, and most live on ships, rings, and habitats. Since the ships are alive, sometimes a "quirky" ship wants to sail off to the dark, and "quirky" loner humans go off with them. Since the humans live thousands of years, some of them will do wild things like surfing down lava, etc... Etc... So vacationing, when you're an immortal with all your needs met, is just searching for excitement. And just cause your needs are met does not mean you don't search for excitement.

Rogue servitors, by default, allow their biotrophies the right to travel. The very term "rogue servitor" reflects the Idiran propaganda against the Culture. Idirans are spiritualist militarist authoritarians and think the culture are a bunch of spoiled brats, soft and ripe for conquest, who are nothing but the biotrophies of their machine intelligence. Neither the human citizens of the culture, nor its AI Minds, consider them trophies. This is entirely the view of outsiders.

If you want to play evil servitors, no one is stopping your from roleplaying them. But that is not the scifi source material. The scifi source material is literally the source of the "fully automated luxury gay space communism" meme. It's meant to be a moneyless utopia, according to Iain M. Banks, who was a card carrying communist (but opposed to bureaucratic dictatorship, hence why when the culture visits earth they directly reference Trotsky).

To me, when I play servitors, I play them as though they were the Culture: basically Fanatic Egalitarian, Fanatic Xenophile, Fanatic Materialist.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Then you should ask Paradox to change descriptions. And I never said they were evil since when keeping a species in museums is evil? The goal is to serve and protect. Holidays such as you're explaining will risk the lives of the very thing the machine intelligence value and wish to protect. And as such they will not like or allow it. The Bio-trophies don't complain.

Now if you read carefully I did offer a solution to what you wish to be added.

Evil and good are a term forced on a culture by outsiders. What a culture deems good another culture may deem evil.

Last edited:
When I play rogue servitors I play them as fanatical protectionists. And it depends on the theme and background i cooked up to whether they will collect other species or not.
I even play assimilators in a variety of ways, what Hive mind and machine intelligence lack in the game is factions determining their culture like biological species.
I mean some will be spiritualist or materialist gestalt prevents you from defining the empire like bio species. You have to decide that yourself.

Then you should ask Paradox to change descriptions. And I never said they were evil since when keeping a species in museums is evil? The goal is to serve and protect. Holidays such as you're explaining will risk the lives of the very thing the machine intelligence value and wish to protect. And as such they will not like or allow it. The Bio-trophies don't complain.

Now if you read carefully I did offer a solution to what you wish to be added.

Evil and good are a term forced on a culture by outsiders. What a culture deems good another culture may deem evil.
you've invented this "keeping the squishies in a museum" thing. you're taking it much further than the description, only because you don't like the idea of biotrophies having a vacation world built by their servitors. of course it will be perfectly safe, the servitors are never far away.

you've invented this "keeping the squishies in a museum" thing. you're taking it much further than the description, only because you don't like the idea of biotrophies having a vacation world built by their servitors. of course it will be perfectly safe, the servitors are never far away.
I offered a solution to provide the same benefit my friend.

Did I invent it I don't believe so , just like you I interpreted it by descriptions provided by Paradox.

Let's use cultures in real life for a second. In the west most see the eastern states as evil authoritarian states, but to them that's all they know and it's the best state in the world. Just like western states believing their state is the best in the world. Also Eastern States try and hide western culture so it doesn't influence their pops

The same could be said would be happening in Stellaris. Rogue servitors would probably hide biological empire cultures to keep their pops docile and happy as possible.

And please don't think I am against you. I only post in threads I believe are good and warrant a bit of help to flesh out to work better.

I offered a solution to provide the same benefit my friend.

Did I invent it I don't believe so , just like you I interpreted it by descriptions provided by Paradox.

Let's use cultures in real life for a second. In the west most see the eastern states as evil authoritarian states, but to them that's all they know and it's the best state in the world. Just like western states believing their state is the best in the world. Also Eastern States try and hide western culture so it doesn't influence their pops

The same could be said would be happening in Stellaris. Rogue servitors would probably hide biological empire cultures to keep their pops docile and happy as possible.

And please don't think I am against you. I only post in threads I believe are good and warrant a bit of help to flesh out to work better.
my issue is your suggestions would tend to impose your roleplay on me. if you want your servitors to be relatively evil (not to themselves, but hey they keep people in museums instead of having resort worlds), then you can do that. even if they are resort worlds, you can still roleplay that they're "evil resorts" or whatever it is you've decided is your headcanon for how the machines keep their trophies. but if it's labeled "museum" with the biotrophies on display, then your roleplay is imposed on me. and i would have to just never build them cause it would ruin my roleplay.

I mean if the compramise of Mueseum World doesn't fit your tastes then name it Bio_trophy World.

Edit:-And Resort World would ruin many other roleplay experience forcing your roleplay on them

my issue is your suggestions would tend to impose your roleplay on me. if you want your servitors to be relatively evil (not to themselves, but hey they keep people in museums instead of having resort worlds), then you can do that. even if they are resort worlds, you can still roleplay that they're "evil resorts" or whatever it is you've decided is your headcanon for how the machines keep their trophies. but if it's labeled "museum" with the biotrophies on display, then your roleplay is imposed on me. and i would have to just never build them cause it would ruin my roleplay.
And the same could be said for you if they were Museum Worlds, you could pretend they were in fact resort worlds .

I don't actually play Rogue servitors as you think I do , I just do not feel this empire would like and risk their pops lives as they treasure them. And protect them.

And the same could be said for you if they were Museum Worlds, you could pretend they were in fact resort worlds .

I don't actually play Rogue servitors as you think I do , I just do not feel this empire would like and risk their pops lives as they treasure them. And protect them.
i don't see how a resort is a risk of life! this is what's driving me crazy. you've created a concern that is just reaching. the robots would just design the planet with all the safety precautions necessary. calling it a resort is also no worse than the game's name for their buildings: Organic Sanctuary and Organic Paradise. if it gets called a "Sanctuary World" or a "Paradise World" (or organic sanctuary world/organic paradise world), I would be fine with that too.

i don't see how a resort is a risk of life! this is what's driving me crazy. you've created a concern that is just reaching. the robots would just design the planet with all the safety precautions necessary. calling it a resort is also no worse than the game's name for their buildings: Organic Sanctuary and Organic Paradise. if it gets called a "Sanctuary World" or a "Paradise World" (or organic sanctuary world/organic paradise world), I would be fine with that too.
In your explanation of extreme
Since the ships are alive, sometimes a "quirky" ship wants to sail off to the dark, and "quirky" loner humans go off with them. Since the humans live thousands of years, some of them will do wild things like surfing down lava, etc...
This would risk the lives of the very thing they are built to serve and protect.

Reactions:
Look at it from a parents view, our job is to serve and protect our children. You would call someone like me evil simply because I would not allow my child to do an activity . This is only an example please don't take it literally

There is no amount of planning which can protect anyone from harm. A Machine intelligence would know this just call it a different name. which gives the same benefits of Resort worlds. Problem solved

Edit:- The name resort world conjures many risks and issues for roleplayers, just like Museum Worlds conjures issues for your roleplay.

Look at it from a parents view, our job is to serve and protect our children. You would call someone like me evil simply because I would not allow my child to do an activity . This is only an example please don't take it literally
ok well anyways the Culture is what they were based on, and the Culture lets their kids play in lava but send bots with them to save them if needed.

anyways, i'm not asking for lava surfing. i'm asking for an organic paradise planet. if you prefer it be called organic paradise than resort, that's fine with me.

Reactions:
ok well anyways the Culture is what they were based on, and the Culture lets their kids play in lava but send bots with them to save them if needed.

anyways, i'm not asking for lava surfing. i'm asking for an organic paradise planet. if you prefer it be called organic paradise than resort, that's fine with me.
Definitely can fill every role-player's needs being called Organic paradise

Reactions: