• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yes, it will be ported to DD, after it goes Gold being released for HOI2. Beta is still in progress, however moving forward nicely.

Many thanks for your interest!
UPDATE:

I will not be porting Risk Battle Mod to DD.
Instead I encourage someone else to do it. :D
I will plug along with Risk Battle Mod which is now in Beta4.
Risk Battle Mod continues to mature and improve dispite my occational misgivings, that is a tribute to Paradox genius that the game can endure so much of my meddling. :eek:
I am instead writing events, I just added from stratch another 110 events that pull on 8 AI switches. It works wonderfully smoothing the mod out beautifully. So I am encouraged to continue in this vein.

What I do encourage for those who own DD but not HOI2 is:

Purchase a copy of HOI2. :D
It must be available on the market at discount from time to time. And I consider Risk Battle Mod worth the game play investment.
:D :D :D
Sincerely,

Last edited:
Updated, see post above and again thanking EVERYONE for their keen interest and participation, especially betas.
:D

so.... no DD version from you :/
I'll see if I have time to look at it, but don't count on anything from me, I really don't like to mod things :D
(except my own, personal J-Idol mod, but that's a different story! ;) )

Comrade Kalle said:
so.... no DD version from you :/
I'll see if I have time to look at it, but don't count on anything from me, I really don't like to mod things :D
(except my own, personal J-Idol mod, but that's a different story! ;) )

;) Shall I then have all who want it DD, PM you ?

:eek: Nothing like inspiration beckoning...
:rofl:

I also have everything set to start 1930.

NTL mod may be a problem.

Yukala said:
;) Shall I then have all who want it DD, PM you ?
no no no :p
first of all, i probably won't be able to do any modding at all for the next two-three weeks, since there's some problem with my computer and it seems I need to buy some new hardware...

Tribolute:
that won't be too difficult to change I guess, problem is to make sure all tech id's are correct, but i guess i'll solve that.

I guess I should also make sure that spies are working properly, but that won't be top priority since it's not that important imho. and as I said, I won't promise anything, but if anything comes out from this, then of course I'll share it with you.

I have little real skill in modding, but I've stated that I'd be interested in seeing what I could do. I'd probably just copy and paste what was DD and HoI2 compatible, and then use trail and error to figure out the rest. The worst i could see happening is that I'd have to re-install HoI2 which isn't too painful.

Nobody as of yet :( ...

Actually a few are working on it. Not me. It is harder and more problematic that at first appearing.

If one does not own a copy of HOI2 and wish to play Risk Battle Mod, the most straight forward thing to do is buy a copy of HOI2 (hopefully a discounted price). Does anyone know what it costs now?

Since Risk Battle Mod is still maturing, converting it at even Beta4 is still going to leave things out, yet if someone had the skill to accomplish same then they could improve or add the events I am creating now.

But, when comes down to it, Risk Battle Mod is a different game than DD. A very extensive mod of HOI2 for that matter. Every month I move farther and farther away from Vanilla.

Maybe this question is a little bit... unconvenient, but I'd like to know.
Do you happen to have any idea, about which things that should be changed for this mod to work with DD?
I've been looking through some of the files, and I suppose it's the ai that is problematic? I really have no clue, though... not that I'm a pro at modding but I've done a mod for my own purpose, so I'm not completely green. However I'm not sure what I'd have to add, change or remove to make a Hoi2 mod work for DD.

I've changed some things, but the campaign won't load completely, here's what happens (from savedebug.txt)

DirectDraw object created About to Initialize video!
Setting Mode.
Mode Set.
Video Initialized!
Backbuffer cleared
Fonts Initialized!
Loadimage!
Loadimage used!
Starting to Initialize sound!
Sound fully initialized!
Network initialized!
MainPalettes initialized!
Core GFX initialized!
Initialising Map!
Map okay.
Setting Mode.
Mode Set.
Setting Mode.
Mode Set.

maybe someone could tell me what it is that's not working? :)

I think there others here who worked a little further than you mention here.

The AI is not going to matter, as they are defaults. However there is an order to check if I was to do it.

Take DD 1.2 and first only swap the province.csv file (map file). And see if that flies.

Second, the Scenario eug. and all the inc. files that go with it.

Third tackle maybe tech etc.

However, again I thinks some of this may have already been done or tried by some others. I have not heard from them lately though.

I changed only the map files, and again the campaign didn't load.

this appeared in the savedebug.txt though, plus what I wrote earlier:
Setting up Afghanistan
Setting Capital Afghanistan
Goverment Afghanistan
units done

Edit:
same thing happens if I put the Risk_Battle_Mod.eug + the folder that comes with the mod, into scenarios folder and try to start that campaign.

I guess it got something to do with "americanwest", California, since they're next after Afghanistan :confused:

Last edited:
Thanks, most interesting.

Three points for now.

I am personally not going to look at it, until Risk Battle Mod Beta5 is matured. ( a few months off)
And it seems certain that no more patches or a new last patch is published by Paradox for DD. That would be a 1.3 most likely.

Until then I would buy HOI2 patch up to 1.3 and apply the NTL mod and play Risk Battle Mod Beta4 all of which is available now.

Sincerely,

I guess I'll have to do that :p

by the way I tried to open the scenario with the editor, and included the Risk_battle_mod folder, and it says "Expected province to be a closure in line 289."
I'll have a look at it and see if there's something strange going on here, hehe