• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(19185)

Corporal
Sep 1, 2003
Visit site
Sometimes an event occurs and certain or even all results become to be negative. The next day it seems resources start growing from zero and industry works at full speed.

On the other hand if rubber disappears it starts to be converted from oil, and maybe oil from coal and if there is not enough industrial production goes down.

Do you think this management of resources in minus makes sense?

Stony Road Pro 0.6 over 1.06. There is an event in which in order to improve the industry the strategic reserve is used until a certain point. If your resources are less than needed by the event you get a minus on everything and the next day things are ok again.

It also happened something like this is CORE with the 'Coal Exports to Italy' event. If you do not have enough coal get a minus and the next day start stockpiling from zero, without effects on IC.

Khaul said:
Stony Road Pro 0.6 over 1.06. There is an event in which in order to improve the industry the strategic reserve is used until a certain point. If your resources are less than needed by the event you get a minus on everything and the next day things are ok again.

It also happened something like this is CORE with the 'Coal Exports to Italy' event. If you do not have enough coal get a minus and the next day start stockpiling from zero, without effects on IC.

Well, now you've put the 'straw on that broke the camals back'. I'll have to go and download these annoying mods just to see these neat 'happenings'. Later. :)

No but at least I'm kind of close.. ;)

Me too but just as I begin I lose resources espically rubber at a rate of about 600 to 1,000 a day. I cant do anything about it. sometimes I have to just use cheats to regain the lost rubber. Its a real pain
Any suggestions?

Khaul said:

Ok... I experienced the same thing just now. I think you might want to take the dissent hit, with the rational options in those events. There is a lot of events removing dissent however, and it's easy to remove with consumer goods too. So I found out that having from 10 to 20 dissent for little while didn't matter much. What's worse is that I got a minus on oil but luckily I could trade 1:1 ratio at WM so after some time it worked out. The anschluss event also helps a lot. Also, this problem is the reason why Germany must start WW2. It's kinda historical... you got all your colonies snatched in 1918 remember? ;)

More about the negative number... I've only seen it happen to oil, because if it happens to rubber, oil will automatically be converted to rubber and then oil will stay negative for as long time as needed for conversion, and your fuel consuming army will be rendered ineffective. Usually coal isn't a problem to mine so it just stays very low, around 10 - 50 while converting to oil slowly. It's a real pain when it happens, especially during a war.