• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(51214)

Captain
Dec 1, 2005
EDIT: *New Version Look at Last Post*

Last edited:
bump!!! Look at top post

I did my first conversion today - a 1881 game as China. The end result was... A taddish screwed up.

Some numbers:

Taiyuan produces 107 056 856 energy/day
Andong produces 38 469 204 metal/day
Ganzhou produces 7 678 994 rares/day
Dubay produces 10 103 940 oil/day

I checked to see if it was just me - but it appeared that these insane numbers were the same for all countries. Mulhausen, for instance, produces 234 626 096 energy/day...
While this does do cool things like, for instance, give me a total increase of 820 768 374,20 energy/day; it kinda takes the challenge out of the game a bit :rofl:

I've probably done something wrong, though. I converted with all the numbers at "1" - that is, I did not change anything in the converter interface. Should I have?

can you send me the file by email plz. It would make it much easier to look at the problem. I havent had the problem you are describing, so I will def check it out. Here is my email:

mike081789@aol.com

that wont work =/. My email wont accept it. Do you have aim or the like, or can you register, because we can just transfer over that.

Well, that didn't work indeed.
I can't do transfers over AIM or MSN - I've tried in the past, but my firewalls insist on giving me a hard time.

Anyway, I've uploaded it to one of those free webhosts - because I assume it's not going to have to be up for all that long.

I've sent you an e-mail with the specifics.

havent gotten the email. Are you sure you send it to the correct email? Just for reference it is Mike081789@aol.com.

Agh, I got the mail back undelivered. I've never had any problem sending mail before - it must be an AOL thing :D

Anway, let's do it the hard way then.

Savegame

Resulting Province.csv file

As I said, I changed no values whatsoever in the converter interface, so I don't know what happened. I must've done something wrong, though.

Well, hope this is of any use to you - and thank you very much for all your hard work!

Alright, so here is what was going on.

When I said to put the ratio at 10000 I meant so you can see it works. When you actually convert a game to play, I suggest more of a ratio along the lines of 5 or 10 or something of the sort. So in reality nothing was wrong, I was just not being clear. What I probably will implement in the future is an option where you can make the converter calculate the % of total coal in V:R and then somehow match that to the % in Doomsday. That would probably work better.

Just tried it. I reconverted both your game file, and then used the converter. It worked fine, and as such I didnt suffer any of the problems you did. Can you try converting it again with the latest file converter, maybe that will fix it. If you still have problems, then we will take it from there.

Nope, it doesn't work. It really doesn't. I even installed .NET Framework 3.0 and all, but I keep on getting the same problems! I followed you instructions in the other thread, trying to find if I really was missing something, but really, I wasn't! I tried converting another game, a Prussian GC savegame from a while back, but same insane resource numbers.

I don't know, it's kinda frustrating. You say you managed to convert my game without problems? What *exactly* was it you did, then? What do you mean by 'reconverted and then used the converter'? Revoncert to what?

Also, I tried with both converters.

I've been looking for something EXACTLY like this, but this thread and the link are dead! Can Gotikiller please explain how exactly to download this, and how to get it to work?? Help, please!?!?