• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Gyrofalcon

Corporal
1 Badges
Mar 26, 2018
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
After my last 250 Sols game, with over 2000 colonists (took some time to finish the Mystery) I was very irritated of how the shuttles moved resources back and forth between storages "to balance", for no reason.

I had over 5K of metal, manly in 2 large depots (original tech) and several small ones placed outside domes with factories. Had it marked with threshold "100" so it never should be empty. But shuttle A flew resources one way, and shuttle B flew it over to another depot, even if the depot was below threshold, and the receiving depot for shuttle B, didn't have any threshold.

When it comes to large scale resource handling, this game isn't very good.

Could we get the possibility to tag a depot (all /types/sizes) with directions of resource-flow, and what exact Drone Hub and/or Shuttle to service the depot? And maybe a prioritize possibilities system, to rank what Depot are most important to fill up to threshold first.

Example of rule-setup: Dome A has Metal mines and metal is delivered to nearby Depot A, by Drone Hub A. When it gets full, Drone Hub A (or B) or Shuttle should be allow to move it away (not adding) to a more central Depot B. Hub B is servicing Depot B, and the Larger Depot C, so when Depot B gets full, Hub B is allow to move it over to Depot C. No Shuttle-crafts should be allowed to directly tap into Depot C, only half full /full Depot B. (Maybe several small ones could work together?)
Then the Shuttle park would service all other Metal depots (D,E,F,etc), and only Drones should be allow to remove from them.
With this we can have Colony region West be supported by Shuttle A, and must hand over a resource at a "Depot-Hub-point" so Shuttle B can take it to the destination.
Of course RC Transports will be working were ever the player directs them. RC Commanders are not important here, since if that would complicate the mod.

Today my Shuttles flies all over the map, and wasting hours of flight time. And its a nightmare to predict how many shuttle you actually need.

To summarize: On Depot A, only Hub A is allow to add, and a chosen Hub or Shuttles A are allow to remove. All Drones /shuttles can deliver to Depot B, but only Hub B can remove from Depot B and add to Depot C. And if Depot D are outside Dome B, and Depot D is set up to allow from Shuttle A, and/or Hub A/B/C, it can get delivered directly.

Maybe add this in a new or existing tech?

If it helps: Disable shuttle access on your larger storages. That's how I deal with it. Storages are served by drones, while depots are served by shuttles. In case of the drones you'll also have to make sure you don't have two storages close to each other, or they'll repeat the same shuffle.
This leads to less logistic load across the board.