• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

seravee2310

Recruit
Aug 5, 2020
Hi i bought a new Montior since then i cant get the game working in any resolution i tried it in Fullscreen and Borderless Fullscreen but ingame it looks like it is zoomed in.
The only thing that works is starting the game in 1920x1080 windowed. The standard resolution should be 2560x1440.
I took a screenshot and when i look at the screenshot the is all good and the resolution is correct.

DXDIAG is a program you run from a command prompt or the Windows start menu 'run' dialog box (or 'search programs' in Windows 7 or later). After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

Please attach your Documents/Paradox/Stellaris/settings.txt and pdx_settings.txt .
From your Documents/Paradox/Stellaris/logs/ folder, attach system.log .

odd question, is your monitor actually displaying at that resolution?

i've had weird issues with my monitor that is the same size where occasionally the display will go down to like 1080 or something [making the screen look super squished]

if it isn't, then either try updating your graphics card driver (if it has any updates available) or in device manager click on display adapters the right click your adapter and uninstall it [this should force the screen resolution to register properly] then change the screen resolution to 2650 x 1440 (if that doesn't fix it, then it could be your cable)

if it is; it might be something with stellaris.
i'd recommend making sure that you verify the file integrity

then double checking to make sure that the screen resolution in the launcher is set to the right size [also try it windowed and see if that is any different]

odd question, is your monitor actually displaying at that resolution?

i've had weird issues with my monitor that is the same size where occasionally the display will go down to like 1080 or something [making the screen look super squished]

if it isn't, then either try updating your graphics card driver (if it has any updates available) or in device manager click on display adapters the right click your adapter and uninstall it [this should force the screen resolution to register properly] then change the screen resolution to 2650 x 1440 (if that doesn't fix it, then it could be your cable)

if it is; it might be something with stellaris.
i'd recommend making sure that you verify the file integrity

then double checking to make sure that the screen resolution in the launcher is set to the right size [also try it windowed and see if that is any different]
Thanks for the suggestions but stellaris is the only game with resolution problems. I already did anything you mentioned.

DXDIAG is a program you run from a command prompt or the Windows start menu 'run' dialog box (or 'search programs' in Windows 7 or later). After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

Please attach your Documents/Paradox/Stellaris/settings.txt and pdx_settings.txt .
From your Documents/Paradox/Stellaris/logs/ folder, attach system.log .

i hope i did anything right

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    92,4 KB · Views: 0
  • pdx_settings.txt
    414 bytes · Views: 0
  • settings.txt
    1,1 KB · Views: 0
  • system.log
    23,9 KB · Views: 0
your system meets the requirements to run the game; that isn't an issue

your pdx_settings aren't too far off mine (a few changes but otherwise exactly the same)

i did notice 2 things that might cause an issue, but honestly I'm no expert when it comes to this game (fixing it) and computers
in your settings text file

Possible cause #1) min_gui I don't know if this is something you can easily change but you may want to see if you can tweak it. i don't think it should be the same as your max_gui. as an example my min_gui is 1280 by 720

Possible cause #2) multi_sampling try tuning that down to a lower number...your pc could be trying to run it at a higher resolution than it can actually handle

obviously the mod might have a better solution so if you want to wait to hear from them I won't blame you; but that is my take on it

You are running the game in openGL mode - why is that please? It's only intended as a temporary diagnostic. What happens if you remove that launch option?

Yes, your min_gui ought to be smaller than your overall resolution.

And you may as well update that nVidia driver:

I found the problem i use windows upscaling for text,apps and other elements for my 27 zoll monitor .
I put it to 125% and when i put to 100% it works fine for stellaris. Can i somehow do something that stellaris still thinks it is only on 100% and use the 125% option?

125% is pretty common, I'm not sure why you are having trouble at that setting.

Did you move off openGL?