• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It was going to happen eventually, but it still is sad to see Iulius go. You have a knack doing at character send offs that tug at the heart strings.

A sad skill to have, to be sure! This time, however, I wanted to do something a bit different for Iulius, which is why I didn’t actually show his passing. He lived life as a hero amongst men, and yet died in the most human way possible: in the arms of his daughter, while his heirs were in foreign lands, fighting for the same cause that had driven him, unable to hear a last piece of advice, or to console him in his last hour.

Best roman AAR I've read in ages. Roma Invicta.

Semper! And thank you very much. I promise I'll get back to it sooner or later!

I hope so. Roman AAR's usually feel like the same story over and over, however, this one was very fresh.

Which is precisely why I decided to take a pause, and am seriously rethinking my Valyrian AAR: truth is, no one wants to hear about the huge all powerful empire conquering the whole world in a single generation. A tale needs challenge, action, and had I gone on to describe Vibius' conquests, I might have lost that. As soon as something interesting does happen, however, I will be back!

Sometimes you have to give yourself limits, but I understand that CK2 can easily become a steam role but Empire Decadence could be a counterbalance maybe lose a war on purpose or appoint bad councilors that are powerful vassals. Maybe limit the number of wars you wage per character you have hundreds of years to rebuild Rome.

Sometimes you have to give yourself limits, but I understand that CK2 can easily become a steam role but Empire Decadence could be a counterbalance maybe lose a war on purpose or appoint bad councilors that are powerful vassals. Maybe limit the number of wars you wage per character you have hundreds of years to rebuild Rome.

True. I admit I might have overstepped my own bounds with Gaul, but that situation is messing itself up on its own, so that is reflecting my backstory more than I could have hoped for. BTW, thanks, writing this response just gave me an idea!