• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Dragon_King_1

Recruit
12 Badges
Mar 26, 2022
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • BATTLETECH
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Stellaris: Federations
I am looking to make a Flashpoint and need a platform to jump off. I know the who, what, where, when and why, but what I don't know is the how.

As in, "how the heck do I start?" Even the guide this forum has, looks very long and very complicated. Overwhelmingly so - and this was even admitted to by the author.
I took a read through it and immediately got a headache.

I need a manual, hands-on, step-by-step walkthrough. Something or someone that can dumb down the tutorial to base elements and feed them to me, bit by bit, helping me through each step and making sure I don't make a stupid error. And if I do make an error, I will need assistance in fixing it.

I need a teacher, something for beginners. Can anyone help?

EDIT: Make no mistake I AM willing to do the work. I just need someone to teach me HOW.

Last edited:
I am looking to make a Flashpoint and need a platform to jump off. I know the who, what, where, when and why, but what I don't know is the how.

As in, "how the heck do I start?" Even the guide this forum has, looks very long and very complicated. Overwhelmingly so - and this was even admitted to by the author.
I took a read through it and immediately got a headache.

I need a manual, hands-on, step-by-step walkthrough. Something or someone that can dumb down the tutorial to base elements and feed them to me, bit by bit, helping me through each step and making sure I don't make a stupid error. And if I do make an error, I will need assistance in fixing it.

I need a teacher, something for beginners. Can anyone help?

EDIT: Make no mistake I AM willing to do the work. I just need someone to teach me HOW.
I wrote the guide and I agree it's a beast. You can start by checking out the existing FP files in the HBS DLC git (I can't recall if linking that here is allowed, but you can google that) and taking a look at the milestoneset file. This is the meat of what defines each step in the story, what conversation to load, which mission contracts, maps, factions and so on. Try and walk through those files while reading the guide to see what a finished one looks like.

I used to have a link to a simple barebones tutorial FP "Training Wheels" but I don't think the fileshare service is still up and I don't think I can link that kind of thing here. I believe I still have the files if you want to PM me. PM me if you have any questions.

Reactions: