• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Lord Raglan

Second Lieutenant
71 Badges
Dec 17, 2008
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • East India Company
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • For The Glory
  • Lost Empire - Immortals
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Surviving Mars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Prison Architect
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 200k Club
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
Hi, i was just wondering how they will be handled in for the glory - will all religions have bonuses and negatives like before or will the religion have less disadvantages than before

urm... don't think i've explained that very well, right what i mean is that the ottoman empire and malasia are both muslim (i think i'm right in saying there both sunni), in EUII this means they both get the same modifier for stability, trade, infrastructure, etc etc. Now they were very different countries so does this make the most sense? i'm not really sure how this should be changed or even if it should be, but wanted to ask.

Now we also have tech groups (latin, exotic, etc etc) Again in EU2 they are set at the start of te game, and other than some rare case they stay the same. But if i was playing say the mameluks and was doing better than france, should i not also get the advantage of a better tech group?

What i mean is the assumption that europe will always develop quicker than the rest of the world, and in general i like this as i usually play a european nation - but should this always be the case?

Unlimited number of religions and techgroup... any possible combination! And Sunni world can indeed be splitted in small parts with different effects for more accurate setup for "different" but compatible religions and for techgroups.

Unlimited number of religions and techgroup... any possible combination! And Sunni world can indeed be splitted in small parts with different effects for more accurate setup for "different" but compatible religions and for techgroups.

Does this mean we can have multiple religions for government purposes that have the same province religion (like Catholic vs CRC)?

Will we be able to customise all effects of government religion? I'm thinking:

- which religions can marry (flippable by event a la Edict of Tolerance?)

- which voluntary conversions are possible

- which religions can force-convert each other

- which province religions are grouped together for tolerance sliders of a given government religion

- the stability cost of province religion A for government religion B (eg the way Christian stability costs are different for 'non-Christian' than for 'Christian but not state religion')

- the effect of wrong religion for tax and manpower (eg a non-Muslim province in a Muslim country should give *increased* tax but reduced manpower)

- which religions have an automatic CB on which others

?

Now we also have tech groups (latin, exotic, etc etc) Again in EU2 they are set at the start of te game, and other than some rare case they stay the same. But if i was playing say the mameluks and was doing better than france, should i not also get the advantage of a better tech group?

That should depend on how many cultures you are governing. I tend to think that tech group should be determined by innovativeness.

Does this mean we can have multiple religions for government purposes that have the same province religion (like Catholic vs CRC)?

Will we be able to customise all effects of government religion? I'm thinking:

- which religions can marry (flippable by event a la Edict of Tolerance?)

- which voluntary conversions are possible

- which religions can force-convert each other

- which province religions are grouped together for tolerance sliders of a given government religion

- the stability cost of province religion A for government religion B (eg the way Christian stability costs are different for 'non-Christian' than for 'Christian but not state religion')

- the effect of wrong religion for tax and manpower (eg a non-Muslim province in a Muslim country should give *increased* tax but reduced manpower)

- which religions have an automatic CB on which others

?

if you mean ingame changing, I belive it shouldnt be there, as it would create absurd cases of catholics marrying incas pagans or something. If you mean being able to mod it after the game is out, sure why not.

if you mean ingame changing, I belive it shouldnt be there, as it would create absurd cases of catholics marrying incas pagans or something. If you mean being able to mod it after the game is out, sure why not.

Actually, in-game changing by event would be great. It would be nice, for instance, to be able to represent a wider range of Protestant sects, and have a more sophisticated evolution in who gets along with whom as the Reformation and Counter-Reformation progress.

(Of course I don't mean 'player chooses how it works'... that would be silly!)

Once again, there is no limit for religions. We even implemented Hussites for Bohemia.

So one could have, let's say, Calvinism and Anglicanism as two seperate religions, but in a close relationship? Just an example.

Edit: And these religions can be activated and de-activated, right?

So if I am right, one can make the religion of the Kingdom of England Anglican (and also activate the religion, etc) with the reforms of King Henry VIII? :cool:

So one could have, let's say, Calvinism and Anglicanism as two seperate religions, but in a close relationship? Just an example.

So if I am right, one can make the religion of the Kingdom of England Anglican (and also activate the religion, etc) with the reforms of King Henry VIII? :cool:
Yep.

Will all your provinces follow suit immediately or do you anticipate some form of delay ?

Will all your provinces follow suit immediately or do you anticipate some form of delay ?
It depends what will be included in corresponding events but no more hardcoded change of religion for provinces in the night... impossible with reworked religion structure but still possible by event and enhanced script engine.