• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Korbah

Ratel
137 Badges
Mar 3, 2011
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
This is the formerly bundled Music Mod for Elder Kings. It should be "universal", version independent and includes several new tracks from evilbluekoala, Skálmöld of Napalm Records and Celestial Aeon Project.

DOWNLOAD

This is only available in a .zip archive which you must manually extract to the mod folder, then select as you would a normal mod.

Reactions:
Is there any way to disable all the vanilla songs from playing?

EDIT: Oh, i see. Since i just pasted the content into the EK music folder it didn't overwrite the old songs. Sorry!

Last edited:
How alike is the music here to the official Bethesda soundtrack?
i'd say not very. the only song that sounds like it comes from bethesda is the opening and that itself is only just recognizable. not sure what they did to it but it almost sounds like the remixed parts of skyrim morrowind and oblivion together to get it

Reactions:
I was wondering if there was a way to have this playing and the vanilla music as well.

I love both OSTs, and I would love to go from the opening to "March to the holy land" and then back again to some other song from this bundle.

CHeers

I was wondering if there was a way to have this playing and the vanilla music as well.

I love both OSTs, and I would love to go from the opening to "March to the holy land" and then back again to some other song from this bundle.

CHeers

Copy+Paste the contents of vanilla's songs.txt into the one in EK_Music should do it.

Reactions:
I offer my firstborn to your cause, Korbah

EDIT: However I do get an overwrite. If I overwrite shouldn't I lose the EK music?

Last edited:
I offer my firstborn to your cause, Korbah

EDIT: However I do get an overwrite. If I overwrite shouldn't I lose the EK music?

Copy+paste the contents of the .txt into the other .txt (either before everything else or after it).

Reactions:
This is awesome! From where/who is most of this music from?

There's this brilliant invention called an ID3 tag - It gets embedded into audio format files that support it, to show arists, title and album information (even album pictures and more with the later revisions)

Or to put it short - Open the damn files in a music player and find out. :laugh:

There's this brilliant invention called an ID3 tag - It gets embedded into audio format files that support it, to show arists, title and album information (even album pictures and more with the later revisions)

Or to put it short - Open the damn files in a music player and find out. :laugh:

Mighty snarky. But thanks.
I'd right-clicked and looked at properties->details. Saw nothing and figured it wasn't tagged--didn't know to open up the files to see the tags.

From the OP

evilbluekoala, Skálmöld of Napalm Records and Celestial Aeon

I can't link to them due to the external links rule, however you can find evilbluekoala who is the artist responsible for the majority of the music on youtube. The music also appears in his "Additional Music Project" for Skyrim (available at the Nexus), which has far too few downloads than it deserves. Celestial Aeon can be found on Jamendo, and Skálmöld on Amazon, their own site and many other places :laugh:

Reactions:
Mighty snarky. But thanks.

It was intended to be snarky - Something as basic as ID3 tags have been a common thing since MP3 piracy became a thing in the ninetees :)

Good to hear you figured it out though. (Windows sucks at handling tags - they don't really conform to open standards if memory serves)