Release FAQ | All release questions go here

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Same here:

Thank you for signing up!
Spread the word and help each other to get a nice Japanese Garden for Cities: Skylines!
The Japanese Garden for Cities: Skylines will be delivered to your Paradox Account email address in tandem with the release of Cities: Skylines (stated that they are unlocked by the community).

No key received, not even an empty one like others complain. This is dissapointing.

Signed up too, some time before release, logged in with existing Paradox account, no tick box for a newsletter, just the green Sign Up Now button, and again just now, still the same. Never received either confirmation email or newsletter...checked spam folder too.

Reactions:
How many mods can the game use at once?? Another words, how many should I have clicked when starting a new game?? By the way a great game. (Train cans need to be shorter or longer with % of haul, also the passenger trains due to how many they carry. Also we need a coal carrying truck bad, got oil tankers but no coal trucks, what gives? Also had traffic stacked up as far as the eye could see coming and going from my town on all the maps I could see. What gives here, the other towns are traffic jammed also?

Greetings Chirpies!
  • Asset Editor: It is not possible to assign thumbnails for intersections and parks at the moment.

But just get screenshots for the god sake, not thumbnails.

In the constructor menu, when I loading the intersections i can see its screenshots.
Can you allow the game to use this window from the constractor (asset menu) to choose the intersections?
Because of it has no icons now. But i have too much intersections from the workshop :( Very hard to find the right one without any screenshots.

And plz do something with emergency service, they have no priority on the road AT ALL
Many countries have a separate lane for emergency services and buses, but no roads like that in the game(((

Reactions:
Hi, let me apologise in advance for my complete lack of awareness :oops:

I've been away from PC gaming for a long long time (late 90s). Having loved SimCity back in the day, I'm intrigued by this game and have checked out many favourable reviews.

I have one simple question... if I buy the physical DVD, will my daughter and I both be able to play on our own individual user accounts on our shared PC ?... I ask because she's bought other games which I can't play as she's registered them.

Like I said, I'm slowly getting to grips with Steam, Origin, GOG etc so a simple answer would be appreciated :)

Hi, let me apologise in advance for my complete lack of awareness :oops:

I've been away from PC gaming for a long long time (late 90s). Having loved SimCity back in the day, I'm intrigued by this game and have checked out many favourable reviews.

I have one simple question... if I buy the physical DVD, will my daughter and I both be able to play on our own individual user accounts on our shared PC ?... I ask because she's bought other games which I can't play as she's registered them.

Like I said, I'm slowly getting to grips with Steam, Origin, GOG etc so a simple answer would be appreciated :)

Ofc not, just login with her ACC, dl game and go steam offline mod, so u can play if she turn her steam

Late post here, I know, but I'm wondering when exactly this game will be updated to support Windows 10, now that it's out. I have been trying to launch the game on that OS for a week now, and every time it's been acting really weird, sometimes freezing my computer up, lagging it out at others, and then at times when it loads it either loads right, but is laggy, or loads with an error message. I love this game, but would like to know when Windows 10 users are getting some love so I can get back to my cities!

Late post here, I know, but I'm wondering when exactly this game will be updated to support Windows 10, now that it's out. I have been trying to launch the game on that OS for a week now, and every time it's been acting really weird, sometimes freezing my computer up, lagging it out at others, and then at times when it loads it either loads right, but is laggy, or loads with an error message. I love this game, but would like to know when Windows 10 users are getting some love so I can get back to my cities!

That sounds like multiple issues, some of which may not be Windows 10 fault.

Are you playing C:SL in pure Vanilla mode with no Assets and Mods. That would be the best way to determine what effect Windows 10 is having on the game.

The main issue I've seen from people with Windows 10 issues is that when they installed it loaded the wrong graphics drivers for there machine. The first thing you can try is install the graphics drivers from the manufacturer and use the Windows options to prevent drivers being installed via Windows Updates.

That sounds like multiple issues, some of which may not be Windows 10 fault.

Are you playing C:SL in pure Vanilla mode with no Assets and Mods. That would be the best way to determine what effect Windows 10 is having on the game.

The main issue I've seen from people with Windows 10 issues is that when they installed it loaded the wrong graphics drivers for there machine. The first thing you can try is install the graphics drivers from the manufacturer and use the Windows options to prevent drivers being installed via Windows Updates.
Good point, I have NOT tried to play it unmodded yet. And it also might be that my graphics drivers are simply in need of updating from when I went to Windows 10, something I have not done yet. I'll try both, then come back here with an answer. If it helps, I have the Deluxe Edition.

Edit: I just tried to launch the game without mods to only find the game freeze up, go not responding, and lag Windows. This has not happened to me before when running Windows 8.1, and I'm not about to revert to that OS simply because I cant get one app to work. Looks like I'll be waiting for a Windows 10 patch as I very specifically remember that my drivers in my laptop were updated to work with Windows 10 manually by visiting AMD's website, as I had to in order to ensure that Windows 10 would properly work. Now they might have since updated again though so I will still take a look at it.

Last edited: