Regular significant stuttering/skipping with every game tick.

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I succeeded reving this problem again with this game. And just when I was getting good at micromanaging....

Attachments

• destroyer2.sav
    1,3 MB · Views: 0
  • DxDiag.txt
    93,6 KB · Views: 0
I succeeded reving this problem again with this game. And just when I was getting good at micromanaging....
Did you attach that save because it is only happening there? Or it happens in any and all saves?

Either way I don't see any reason for it in that dxdiag.

You are on the current patch 2.8.1 ?

More like when playing it the stutter got triggered. Now it occurs any time I open the game. And it happens on new saves, old saves, even plain new games.
Save game is a bit weird that it was created in 2.7 patch, basically the last one before Necroid launch and it got bugged in 2.8.0 after Necroid launch, when I kept on building habitats in one of the empire sectors.
Now I'm on last patch 2.8.1 , but stutter still exists.
Last time when it happened to me it was the same.
Long play time when issue didn't exist. One point it poped and it got fixed when a new grand patch/DLC appeared, with a pretty long pause where I couldn't play the game, cause it's too annoying playing with stutter.

Can we get a save game started under 2.8.1 where it happens for you please?

Please attach your Documents/Paradox/Stellaris/settings.txt and pdx_settings.txt .
From your Documents/Paradox/Stellaris/logs/ folder, attach system.log .

Please report the temperatures of your CPU and video (GPU)
1/ before starting the game up and
2/ in the main game menu
3/ after say 10 minutes' play.
If your PC's vendor has given you no way of reading temperatures, install
SPEEDFAN http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php

Ok, finally got to make the save and all those info. This is started in 2.8.1. It's noticeable badly only on very fast and fast though. It look like on TheUrkkiMan video post.
On normal or lower I think i got used to it.

Attachments

• SaveGame.7z
    1,2 MB · Views: 0
I don't think I see the problem when I load that save. Can you attach here a short movie of the problem happening please?

I can see that would be somewhat annoying! But I don't see it on either my Windows or iMac machines. My Windows has a modest GeForce 1060 so the issue is definitely not your GPU power.

If you exit Steam entirely and run stellaris.exe by itself, does it still happen?

If you have geForce Experience loaded, try unloading that.

I started from exe directly and it still occurs. Bought from GoG though.

I use Radeon AMD so I have no geForce Experience, though I closed everything I had AMD radeon software, and no effect.

Okay, well Galaxy and Catalyst respectively then.

Assuming no difference still, I'm pretty much out of ideas here. Have you tried checking into settings in Catalyst, or even your bios?

Well I reinstalled the drives of GPU and CPU and had no effect. And I don't really know what to do in bios except change fan speeds.

I'm not sure I can do anything as a user. Guess either you guys reproduce it on your side somehow, someday and then fix it in an update, or I guess it'll stick on.

Hopefully it'll vanish again in a future update randomly, like last time when it happened to me, though that was on another computer.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I just had a case in another venue where it ended up being due to a particular monitor that used Gsync. Do you have any way of testing with a different monitor?

I tried it with another monitor I had at home, but it didn't have any effect.

Bug still occured. It was a smaller one with 60 hz and 1366 x 768 native resolution.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I am sorry then, I'm officially out of ideas here :(

@AndrewT @TinyWiking @Aceparadox

I managed to fix my problem(s)! It seems I had two distinct problems

Problem 1 "daily stutter":
Got the idea for the solution a little earlier in this thread. Seems it was the old unused save game files.:
- My "daily stutter" went away when I delete all my old save games. I didn't open them, just that they existed caused the daily stutter.

Problem 2 "stuttering with high load" (huge game / end game and/or high speed setting):
this post was descriptive of my problem and also the fix worked identically:
- my core #8 was overloaded at 100% when the games load got big enough. (huge game + fastest speed OR smaller game in the late-game situation = if lots of things to calculate)
- When I disable core #8 (task manager "set affinity") the stutter disappears and the load stays very even on the remaining 15 cores.
- video of me demonstrating the core issue
(screenshots of task manager, screenshot attachments)

Attachments

• speed 1x.png
    speed 1x.png
    104,6 KB · Views: 0
  • speed 2x.png
    speed 2x.png
    105,6 KB · Views: 0
  • speed max turn off core8.png
    speed max turn off core8.png
    116,2 KB · Views: 0
  • speed max.png
    speed max.png
    129,3 KB · Views: 0
  • speed stopped.png
    speed stopped.png
    102,3 KB · Views: 0
@grotaclas that second issue above is one we've had reported before, I think? Any more thoughts on that?

@grotaclas that second issue above is one we've had reported before, I think? Any more thoughts on that?
Well, I had tried everything (monitors, windows reinstall, different HW configurations RAM, GPU, SSD...) to fix the "daily stutter" but one thing that had always stayed constant were the save games synced from the steam cloud. Some of these save games were dramatically moded ones. After I deleted these the worst stutter problem went away. And notice that I didn't even open these said save files.

I have not been active in stellaris tech support, so I'm not sure what you are talking about. Was there somebody who had stuttering in eu4 and solved it by disabling a core? Or are you talking about the people who had stuttering in eu4 and there was no solution. I think it is worth a shot to ask them to try this solution. Maybe it helps in eu4 as well. But I have to admit that I have no idea why disabling core can fix stuttering in any game.

I have not been active in stellaris tech support, so I'm not sure what you are talking about. Was there somebody who had stuttering in eu4 and solved it by disabling a core? Or are you talking about the people who had stuttering in eu4 and there was no solution. I think it is worth a shot to ask them to try this solution. Maybe it helps in eu4 as well. But I have to admit that I have no idea why disabling core can fix stuttering in any game.
Sorry, my brain fade, wrong user name :)