• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dianno5741

Second Lieutenant
39 Badges
Jun 5, 2017
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 - Second Wave
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 -  Back to Hell
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
So I decided to check in at the stage 4 cancer clinic that is the Steel Division Normandy 44 subreddit.
The thread in question is another gem of Steel Division vs Wargame salt fest.

I normally don’t make posts like this but there was a quote from Mad Mat about basically how WG 4 wasn’t going to happen and perhaps instead of crying about the direction they took they could help improve SD. Seems reasonable given the financial and strategic decisions to move on from the Cold War.

However, as subreddit never disappoints people pretty much called it Eugene bullshit trademarked and all. Steel Division has its issues and besides the first few hilarious updates they’ve actually made changes we asked for and are looking at others we argue about on the forums *looks for Thonar*

Wargamers aren’t happy they went a new setting, but nothing will change the course for now. Like when Cod went modern and beyond for ten years. I for one think the last few updates have been stellar think a thank you to Mad Mat plus other devs to remind them we aren’t all salty entitled people. It has to be hard to develop a game and deal with all of us at the same time.

And CoD also shows that it can go back to the old classics, but give them time. Also the best CoDs came out after they left WW2 (MW1 and 2 + Blakops 1) because they tryed sometbhing new. What happens when you take the same setting again and again shows Medal of Honor (with ww2) and the last few CoDs(with postmodern era again and again). I think we will see a Wargame again, but really Eugen does well in going away from the CW setting for a time.

Of course the real disgrace is that the UK never did get its Phantoms.

So I decided to check in at the stage 4 cancer clinic that is the Steel Division Normandy 44 subreddit.
The thread in question is another gem of Steel Division vs Wargame salt fest.

I normally don’t make posts like this but there was a quote from Mad Mat about basically how WG 4 wasn’t going to happen and perhaps instead of crying about the direction they took they could help improve SD. Seems reasonable given the financial and strategic decisions to move on from the Cold War.

However, as subreddit never disappoints people pretty much called it Eugene bullshit trademarked and all. Steel Division has its issues and besides the first few hilarious updates they’ve actually made changes we asked for and are looking at others we argue about on the forums *looks for Thonar*

Wargamers aren’t happy they went a new setting, but nothing will change the course for now. Like when Cod went modern and beyond for ten years. I for one think the last few updates have been stellar think a thank you to Mad Mat plus other devs to remind them we aren’t all salty entitled people. It has to be hard to develop a game and deal with all of us at the same time.

Wargamers are doing exactly what good consumers should do when faced with a company that dumped a bunch of pay2win dlc at the last moment on a game and then bailed. You don't buy their future products, and you shit-talk the company online.

So basically what you're saying is that after buying a game for $40 you have an endless license to demand labor from another human being. After purchasing a product that you deemed worth your money at the moment of purchase. Just making sure we understand exactly what this complaint entails. You literally advocate for people to create a perfect product in the first go, or they endlessly work for you until you are "satisfied".

I bet with enough time we could find someone in your working past that would be unhappy with any part of a job you were tasked to do. What happens then?

So basically what you're saying is that after buying a game for $40 you have an endless license to demand labor from another human being. After purchasing a product that you deemed worth your money at the moment of purchase. Just making sure we understand exactly what this complaint entails. You literally advocate for people to create a perfect product in the first go, or they endlessly work for you until you are "satisfied".

I bet with enough time we could find someone in your working past that would be unhappy with any part of a job you were tasked to do. What happens then?

Yeah, that's it. It's demand for games to be perfect. It can't be that pay dlc launched at the end of the life cycle that made the game worse.

Also, I'd recommend that anyone unsatisfied with my work complain to me, or maybe not hire/buy from me in the future.

You are just being dishonest, the issue is not black and white. Nobody is asking for "endless labor", just something more than literally 30 days of support.

I don't know if you are aware of it but most of the game releases are based on the premise that the devs will fix major issues post-release. Paradox is an example of this, you know that if you buy a flawed game from them, it will improve over time and they will not suddenly disappear. Do you remember Stellaris at launch? It got so much better and it will keep improving. The key words are "major issues", nobody expect literally perfection.

But the premise doesn't hold anymore with eugen. How do you know that in a couple of months they won't release broken dlc and disappear?

Last edited:
Want to debate Reddit? Do it on Reddit. Furthermore if you want to discuss non SD44 things like Wargaming or Tic Tac Toe (a gem of a game!) do it on the OT forum. Thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.