• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Dokken3803

Recruit
7 Badges
Feb 12, 2021
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Crusader Kings III
Ok, I went through my steam account (purchased the game through steam) and clicked on the Crusader 3 game, and when I pressed to play a red triangle appeared. This was odd because I played on the game two days ago with no issue so I went on my paradox account that was linked to my steam because I also have the game stellaris (which I purchased through the same steam account) and I also notice that my game Crusader 3 does not show on my games on the Paradox website (i dont know if thats a problem but i just will mention it if it helps). I already tried to uninstall and reinstall the game twice and also verified the game files. I also already unlinked and relinked my steam accont also twice.

Attachments

• Screenshot (238).png
    Screenshot (238).png
    182,3 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot (236).png
    Screenshot (236).png
    1,5 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot (234).png
    Screenshot (234).png
    1,4 MB · Views: 0
In the game launcher please set Display mode to windowed.

IF that doesn't help, Please do a full **clean** re-install:

- move any valued save games elsewhere
- "uninstall" in Steam-CK3
- manually delete both the Steam/SteamApps/common/CK3 AND Documents/Paradox/CK3 folders
- re-install game in Steam, run a Steam Verify when done.
- add CK3.exe to the exceptions list of your antivirus app; ESPECIALLY if you have Windows Defender, add it to the Ransomware "Apps Allowed Through" list.
- start the game with no mods active and test

In particular make sure there are no files or folders left under either the Steam CK3 or Documents CK3 locations, before installing again.

If those don't help:
DXDIAG is a program you run from a command prompt or the Windows start menu 'run' dialog box (or 'search programs' in Windows 7 or later). After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

Please attach your Documents/Paradox/CK3/pdx_settings.txt .
From your Documents/Paradox/CK3/logs/ folder, attach system.log , error.log

I completed in doing the changing the display mode and the full clean reinstall and still would not work. I added CK3 to the list and just to make should i did it right i sent a screen shot. For the "Windows Defender, add it to the Ransomware "Apps Allowed Through" list." is the 5th and 6th picture
I also did the DxDIAG and saved it in a new file. The program said that there were no problems. I also dont understad when you said "
Please attach your Documents/Paradox/CK3/pdx_settings.txt .
From your Documents/Paradox/CK3/logs/ folder, attach system.log , error.log" because i cant find an error log. but i found the pdx_settings.txt which is the third picture.

What should I do now?

This also poped up on the 13th (the last picture)

Attachments

• Screenshot (243).png
    Screenshot (243).png
    340,4 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot (244).png
    Screenshot (244).png
    481,9 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot (245).png
    Screenshot (245).png
    99,9 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot (247).png
    Screenshot (247).png
    160,7 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot (249).png
    Screenshot (249).png
    390,9 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot (248).png
    Screenshot (248).png
    503,8 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot (251).png
    Screenshot (251).png
    1,7 MB · Views: 0
That first screenshot shows you adding the game to the Windows Defender firewall, but that's is not the potential problem here - it's the antivirus/ransomware functionality of WD that can be the problem. Firewalls only govern external communications, they do nothing within your machine itself. The 6th screenshot is the right place but we don't see the game or Paradox Launcher added there - please add them to that Apps Allowed Through list.

That second screenshot shows me dxdiag.txt in your file system, but I need to actually see the content of that file, please attach it here.

Im looking for the Laucher and the game but everything i pick that looks like it come up as numbers. The 6th screen shot is what happen when I click on the CK3 in pic 5. So im looking through right now but I have theDxDiag.txt File for you. :)

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    141,1 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot (254).png
    Screenshot (254).png
    364,9 KB · Views: 0
I don't know where that first number comes from, not seen that before. But the launcher is now in there correctly. You can't add ck3.exe there?

What happens if you exit the Steam app entirely and run ck3.exe directly?

The only way I can run ck3.exe is through steam. When i look at "My Games " on the paradox website the only thing that pops up in stellaris but I can play ck2 perfectly find through steam even though it does not pop up on this paradox website. When i exit out steam and click on the CK3 it causes steam to start all up again. I'll look for a different link for CK3 in my files. I also came home from college to see family and went on my other computer that was a destop and I had no problems running the game throught steam. I know my computer can run it perfectly find because i was playing the game two weeks straight when i have free time. The picture show what i did to stop steam entirely and what i clicked to start the CK3 game. Also thank you for helping me find whats going on I really appreciate it. :)

I think i know why it poped up as numbers. I looked back on the ck3 that i thought t was and it said through the properties that it is an internet shortcut. Where do you think is the laucher? there is nothing that i see when i look in Ck3 in the paradox files? (last two pics)

Attachments

• Screenshot (255).png
    Screenshot (255).png
    258,3 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot (256).png
    Screenshot (256).png
    240,8 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot (257).png
    Screenshot (257).png
    1,4 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot (258).png
    Screenshot (258).png
  • Screenshot (259).png
    Screenshot (259).png
    334,7 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot (260).png
    Screenshot (260).png
    163,5 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot (261).png
    Screenshot (261).png
    181,3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Right click on this game in your Steam library, manage, browse local files. You'll see a folder Binaries, ck3.exe is in there. Exit Steam entirely then double click on that ck3.exe to run it.

What happens?

im reinstalling it and it still gave me this and also the missing file alert.

Attachments

• Screenshot (263).png
    Screenshot (263).png
  • Screenshot (262).png
    Screenshot (262).png
    250,9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
You are missing some Microsoft DLLs in your Windows installation. Please go here:
And run the x86 and x64 installers there.

That should fix that problem!