Reason Project Caesar has more goods than Victoria 3?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
I understand this is a WIP and the 70 goods currently in the game are not the final number, but what is the reason Project Caesar has so many goods compared to the economic goods simulator, Victoria 3, which has like 55 or so goods? Considering Victoria 3's entire economy revolves around the production and purchasing of goods I'm suprised Paradox's next big GSG already seeks to surpass Victoria 3 in its economic complexity.

Is the reason for this difference that Project Caesar has less of a problem "splitting" pops? Whereas in Victoria 3, every good requires a new buildings which is a new way to split a pop, Project Caesar does not denote the profession of each pops and has less of a performance tax on each building or good? Whatever the reason

I have no idea how v3 works and how they decided upon their goods. We designed and evolved our goods out of the needs we had to make our game feel good.

• 55Like
  • 6Love
  • 3Haha
Reactions:
Given everything we've been presented so far, the different production methods seem to be changing the inputs, not the output (outside of amount).

Actually, some do that as well.