• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One question please ... wich part of "missclick" you read as "being fooled" or "misunderstood the consequences of this decision" or even weirder "must click at something without reading it fast, bcs timer is almost done" ? o_O
Oh yes, roleplay flavour, why not ... i just wish there will be "just kidding" option, its not like its existence will hurt anything is it? :p

How often do you (and people in general) misclick in a game for this to be an issue? I think it's a pretty rare case that doesn't warrant adding confirmations left and right... though it can happen more often when people are blazing through the game and accidentally click on something they shouldn't, or pick up the wrong prompt. If you're playing at normal speed though, this really shouldn't be a problem. If you mess up then just reload. As a precaution, I usually move my mouse away from any prompts when I'm reading just to avoid these accidents.

I don't think we need confirmations but I'm not against adding more choices. Adding a "Just kidding!" prompt would be ok, although for some reason I can't help but feel like that's something a Malkavian would do. "I'm going to KILL YOU! . . . Bahaha, you should have seen the look on your face."

Last edited:
How often do you (and people in general) misclick in a game for this to be an issue? I think it's a pretty rare case that doesn't warrant adding confirmations left and right... though it can happen more often when people are blazing through the game and accidentally click on something they shouldn't, or pick up the wrong prompt. If you're playing at normal speed though, this really shouldn't be a problem. If you mess up then just reload. As a precaution, I usually move my mouse away from any prompts when I'm reading just to avoid these accidents.

I don't think we need confirmations but I'm not against adding more choices. Adding a "Just kidding!" prompt would be ok, although for some reason I can't help but feel like that's something a Malkavian would do. "I'm going to KILL YOU! . . . Bahaha, you should have seen the look on your face."

Well some games have real wonky GUIs in conversations - don't think that will be the case here, but none the less i'd really like the ability to use keybord numbers to choose answers.

Because he is doing the same back and I didn't take a step back before posting it.
You're right and I am editing it out and ending my part of the conversation since he apparently gets too much under my skin for me to remain civil...
Thanks for calling me out <3

Yeah, I reckon someone needs to be added to my ignore list. The extent some people will go to in order to hate on a game is quite remarkable. If anything, the very different outcomes of the Slugg encounter-which I saw-were extremely impressive, & left me with little doubt that the roleplaying opportunities in this game may leave even Bloodlines 1 behind!

You want the developers to design their game around the assumption that their players are too incompetent to actually be capable of operating the input system correctly??
I want the developers to design backdoor, if anyone make misstake, so s/he does not need to reload every discusion five times, until s/he remember every deadend that is there, leading to complete disaster. (Like "then you have done nothing" in this particular case.)
If you understand misstake as total and complete incompetence, you have to be wery dificiult person to please. o_O

This is the part that lead me to talking about you wanting several confirmations of every single action in the game...
After all, if you want the game to take into account that you might not intend the input you just made then you would still be at the menu screen
Select difficulty: are you sure you want to play on normal or was it a missclick? Are you really sure or did you missclick again?? Are you really really sure or was that 7 missclick in a row?
Says you ... not me.
Im not sure, why you have to disclaim (in mine language the word is Dementovat, i believe the english version will be Dementing ... seems more acurate, but w/e) with such absurd thing like 7 missclick in a row, when someone wish to add litteraly one backdoor, when he is forced to continue in specific way of conversation, after he make litteraly one wrong chat decision. o_O

Kill slugg ->
Do you rip his head off?
Use a knife?
Shoot him in the face?
Those will at last be some options ... here you can chop his head off, or chop his head off and liking it.

How often do you (and people in general) misclick in a game for this to be an issue?
Good question ... not often, true ...
Now there is second question we should not forget about, and it is: "How often you need missclick to screw this whole quest up?" the answer is: Once.
And in the light of second question i must ask: Is commonality of missclick relevant? I dont think so.

(Also it kind of depend od system in general ... in Skyrim i for example missckick about 6 of 10 conversation ... bcs i roll with my mouse to other conversation options and expect the cursor to move down with it, but sadly not implemented, so cursor stay of first option. -_-)

//edit:
I dunno, if you all here have English as your birth language, i dont.
For people like me it can be (and i admit for me it is) kind of anoying, to reload after every screwed chat option ... also i allready see those "learn fucking english fool" coments, wery productive indeed.
Maybe (probably) i dont get the right nuances from this, but let me try to make this a little bit more clear:
As i see it we (and i mean PC and Slugg) are talking, after fight sure, with lot of adrenalin (or w/e Vampires use) in blood, and possibly quite pissed off, for him trying to kill you ... it seem pretty accurate to tell him you are going to kill him, just to scare him off as much as you can (after all, she say "use anything") ... so i choose my patch there ... Slugg starts to beg ... but sorry, now i just have to kill him, bcs Vampires is anything but liars.
Just does not seem right.
(yes, i admited missuderstanding ... or maybe wrong expectations from chat options)

I think it's a pretty rare case that doesn't warrant adding confirmations left and right...
I dont need confrimations ... but i allready see them there though.
I ask for the way out.

Exactly! :3

Last edited:

There actually is a "Just kidding option" in the demo the first time you threaten to kill him to let you back out...
If we need more confirmations than that we are hitting the territorie of having a back button after every choice which to me would remove all consequences of a choice in the game...
There has to be some point where your choices are locked in and you have to suffer the consequences of those choices, otherwise what is the point of reading the choices and making a decision? you might as well just try every single choice and stay with the one that gives you the best rewards regardless of what you had to say or do to get there...

There actually is a "Just kidding option" in the demo the first time you threaten to kill him to let you back out...
Can you post me the video where it is?
Bcs all i can see here:
Is when you tell him you are going to kill him, you have to kill him. o_O

Just to be clear, we are talking about kill him option (second) ... not threaten him option (third).

If we need more confirmations than that we are hitting the territorie of having a back button after every choice which to me would remove all consequences of a choice in the game...
There has to be some point where your choices are locked in and you have to suffer the consequences of those choices, otherwise what is the point of reading the choices and making a decision? you might as well just try every single choice and stay with the one that gives you the best rewards regardless of what you had to say or do to get there...
That could be good argument ... in MMO where you cannot load game ...
In single player, you still can "try every single choice and stay with the one that give you the best rewards regardless of what you had to say or do to get there". ;)

Also you are again talking about every choice ... you realy have nasty habit of generalism ...
And if we look at the whole rest of this conversation (diagram i created for you is on previous page) ... all the other choises have this backdoor, just this one does not ... i personaly find forced conversation based on one decision as restriction ... you seem to find it like good deep roleplay ...
Here is that part, where you have to rat Nines, is good example of forced conversation ... sadly, it was needed for main plot ... since here is several outcome that will keep Slugg live, i believe this is not the case, so there is rason for lack of backdoors.
As you (or it was ivoryowl? not sure now) did pointed out ... you allways can just reload and not using the same conversation option again ... in mine opinion its much better for player to say "oh shit i didnt wanted to do this" and use backdoor option, negating the unwanted result, but keep everything else intact ... than "oh shit i didnt wanted to do this" and load save game wich will most probably not be exactly before this conversation, and negate everything since that point.
We can agree to disagree.

On the other side ...
To be honest, i will probably sadisfy with some [fatal] option indicator ... same as you have [negotiation], [coertion] or [humanity] ... its not the best way, but its a way.

Whelp.

So I guess this became a thread about a youtuber instead of discussing the technical merits/flaws of the game.

It became a thread where 2-3 people have decided they want to hate the game, & refuse to countenance any evidence to the contrary, & will also grasp around for the most ridiculous reasons to hate on the game. My only question now relates to their motives. Indeed, it appears like some people have created Paradox Forum accounts for that express purpose.

I gues this is how the world works theese days ...
Either you like ... or you "just hate without the reason" even if you spend few hours listing those reasons, you have no reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.