• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Rhaeg

Second Lieutenant
29 Badges
May 31, 2018
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Age of Wonders II
  • Age of Wonders
  • Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Pillars of Eternity
Conspicuous by his absence... We used to see some nice pieces for the old Age of Wonders games at or before release. Age of Wonders 1 completely spoiled us with all the bits in the manual and Age of Wonders 3 had something like this. Are you leaving the best for last or are we still going to hear something from Mr. Bingham? With 40+ dev blogs released one would think there was room for the maestro himself...

*throws breadcrumbs to lure him out*

Here it's:
Unit_Subjigator.jpg

It is in the flavor text, as far as i know he is not a Vladimir Harkonne expy :cool:

Yes, thank you, I know he has written these. I'd be disappointed if there is no dev blog/larger piece on the history of the Planetfall setting written by him.

Expect something cool to appear on the history of the Star Union soon.

(BTW - Ray's super busy on some new secret stuff. Ray has done great work on the game, working out unit and tech descriptions and providing narrative feedback and injecting his signature narrative charm into the game. The core world building for Planetfall was done by me, and subsequently by Jakob Matthes as he came on board to make the campaign)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Cheers, glad to hear there's a piece coming on the history of the Star Union. Ray being busy on secret new stuff has to be good news as well :)

Conspicuous by his absence... We used to see some nice pieces for the old Age of Wonders games at or before release. Age of Wonders 1 completely spoiled us with all the bits in the manual and Age of Wonders 3 had something like this. Are you leaving the best for last or are we still going to hear something from Mr. Bingham? With 40+ dev blogs released one would think there was room for the maestro himself...

*throws breadcrumbs to lure him out*
LOL, I would have guessed you noticed the name Mah'Reg Nib popping up in the various unit descriptions. Reaad backwards - Ham Binger!
But I didn't know Ham Binger was already a nickname for a real person... was he a developer on AoW3?
Btw, do I recall right that Shadow Magic was the first that added unit descriptions to AoW2 or they were always around?

LOL, I would have guessed you noticed the name Mah'Reg Nib popping up in the various unit descriptions. Reaad backwards - Ham Binger!
But I didn't know Ham Binger was already a nickname for a real person... was he a developer on AoW3?
Btw, do I recall right that Shadow Magic was the first that added unit descriptions to AoW2 or they were always around?

It's obvious that Ray had a hand in writing the unit descriptions and it's been confirmed since day 1 that he was onboard for Planetfall, but I thought it was clear I was wondering about the absence of any dev blogs or larger lore pieces written by him.

Ham Binger is the name of Ray Bingham's halfling alter ego in the actual Age of Wonders fantasy setting. He's been around since Age of Wonders 1 and was the central character in the final campaign mission of Age of Wonders 3's Golden Realms expansion.

And from what I remember Shadow Magic was the first one to have unit descriptions, yes.

It's obvious that Ray had a hand in writing the unit descriptions and it's been confirmed since day 1 that he was onboard for Planetfall, but I thought it was clear I was wondering about the absence of any dev blogs or larger lore pieces written by him.

Ham Binger is the name of Ray Bingham's halfling alter ego in the actual Age of Wonders fantasy setting. He's been around since Age of Wonders 1 and was the central character in the final campaign mission of Age of Wonders 3's Golden Realms expansion.

And from what I remember Shadow Magic was the first one to have unit descriptions, yes.
Oh thanks! I did not know his name before - I only noticed the references but thought Ham was just a character invented as a narrator of these lore snippets. Nice to see someone who has been around since the first game!

Yeah the first game had them too - what I meant was that I think when AOW2 - Wizard's Throne came out, it did not have descriptions and Shadow Magic added them.