• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Greyshaft

Second Lieutenant
9 Badges
Feb 7, 2000
Visit site
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Victoria 2
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
Forgive my ignorance if this is covered in the rules. (I'm waiting for my beta CD to arrive)

Are silver deposits random in each game. One problem with EU BG (and S&T's Conquistador)was that you knew where the wealth was located so there was a mad scramble to possess those areas.

IMHO a more realistic solution is to leave each area as blank until it is settled or traversed and then have a random chance that silver is located there. The discoverer then has the opportunity to get a real settlement/mine going before the other players realise how important that provinvce is and move their troops in that direction.

It will also create a much less predictable game... imagine if silver is discovered in Scandinavia! Maybe South America doesn't get colonised until the 18th Century because everyone's too busy taking sides in the English-Russo war over Sweden?

Maybe the CD is in my mailbox tonight :)

This is something I have asked about...but I think, as i said before

'It ain't happening'

although I love the idea of the 'Scandanavian gold-rush'

or the 'race for the Balkans'

maybe even the 'fight for Flaunders??'

------------------
when people run scared - they run fast