Random peasant accused me of adultery

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

X_FloW

Major
41 Badges
Sep 21, 2021
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
I indeed copulated with a peasant woman during my travels which resulted in a pregnancy outside of wedlock, but she has no grounds to expose this secret, after all she is just a random woman and why would anyone take a prostitute's words more seriously than the King himself?

I feel like lowborns outside the court should not be able to expose adultery/fornication secrets of landed rulers, even lowborns within the court should be reconsidered as well.

• 9Like
Reactions:
Bringing a bastard to court with a resemblance to yourself is a pretty good way to confirm the king slept around
The thing is the child was born outside the court since the prostitute I slept with was encountered during my travels.

I mean any medieval prostitute can say the King is the father so she can get away with it or whatever her plan could be, medieval version of child support.

• 1Like
Reactions:
This is basically a gameplay concession I'm afraid - secrets and hooks are some of the more complex gameplay elements and if we had to track how convincing any given reveal is, they'd go from complex to completely unmanageable in the blink of an eye. There is the disputed heritage secret that could p'rhaps be used in this specific instance, assuming this was an event consequence, but that's about the best that's possible to my mind.

Generally, the game assumes that if someone knows about a secret, they have what passes for compelling evidence to convince others, even where that seems like it'd be woefully impractical.

• 5Like
Reactions:
This is basically a gameplay concession I'm afraid - secrets and hooks are some of the more complex gameplay elements and if we had to track how convincing any given reveal is, they'd go from complex to completely unmanageable in the blink of an eye. There is the disputed heritage secret that could p'rhaps be used in this specific instance, assuming this was an event consequence, but that's about the best that's possible to my mind.

Generally, the game assumes that if someone knows about a secret, they have what passes for compelling evidence to convince others, even where that seems like it'd be woefully impractical.
Speaking of Secrets, couple of playthroughs back I had a ruler-one who had no affairs at all, was loyally devoted to his spouse, and had no secrets at all. I always check that at the start of every reign. After about ten years, I got the "Deviant" Secret Exposed, and the Deviance event itself, the Notifications appearing on top of each other. Someone researched the Event, and fount out that the "Original Event", the one that supposedly give the Deviant trait did so without notifying the player of the Event. Firstly, I should have been notified of the "Inciting Event" so I could at least say Yes or No. Or, since the Game does like to Brute Force things, so I would at least be able to prepare for the inevitable Exposure.

As it turned out I was the last person in the entire world to know I was a deviant, when I should've been the very first. It is, after all supposed to be a secret, but not from the person holding the secret...

• 1Like
Reactions:
The thing is the child was born outside the court since the prostitute I slept with was encountered during my travels.
Yes, thats why she came to court and not just walked down the stairs
I mean any medieval prostitute can say the King is the father so she can get away with it or whatever her plan could be, medieval version of child support.
They could, but if the child didn't look similar theyd probably get laughed off

As it turned out I was the last person in the entire world to know I was a deviant, when I should've been the very first. It is, after all supposed to be a secret, but not from the person holding the secret...
Of course you were the last to know, you thought what you did with porcupine and mayo was perfectly normal. :p

• 3Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:

Can you add an option to challenge a wrong father to duel, over who is the father of the child.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Of course you were the last to know, you thought what you did with porcupine and mayo was perfectly normal. :p
Thing is, I'm supposed to be the one who has the secret. Way it is now, everyone else knew before I did. It's suppose3d to be the other way around, isn't it? Game should've notified me about getting the deviancy Event way before the entire world found out.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Some time ago, I made a suggestion for a clearer distinction between biological, legal and suspected parents:

My personal opinion: If such a system were implemented, then accusations of adultery could just lead to "suspected parent"-status instead of the game automatically assuming that everyone believes it and you are now considered this child's legal parent without having any say in the matter.

• 5Like
Reactions:
Yes, thats why she came to court and not just walked down the stairs
What?

They could, but if the child didn't look similar theyd probably get laughed off
I mean I couldn't tell babies apart IRL, they all look the same, plus in a homogeneous medieval society most people within the same realm were of the same race/ethnicity, unless we're talking about a trading hub or a bustling melting pot like Baghdad or Constantinople or something, in which case I was playing as King of Scotland.

Speaking of Secrets, couple of playthroughs back I had a ruler-one who had no affairs at all, was loyally devoted to his spouse, and had no secrets at all. I always check that at the start of every reign. After about ten years, I got the "Deviant" Secret Exposed, and the Deviance event itself, the Notifications appearing on top of each other. Someone researched the Event, and fount out that the "Original Event", the one that supposedly give the Deviant trait did so without notifying the player of the Event. Firstly, I should have been notified of the "Inciting Event" so I could at least say Yes or No. Or, since the Game does like to Brute Force things, so I would at least be able to prepare for the inevitable Exposure.

Hmmm, do you remember either of the event titles/IDs?

Reactions: