• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Terrorball

Recruit
9 Badges
Nov 20, 2016
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Impire
  • Sword of the Stars II
First off, thank good for new game plus, as it it gives the game some legs.

Now, any artifact can be carried over on a new game plus. Great. It remembers them all, no matter the play-thru you found them on. This is good.

What's bad, the same treatment is not given to rep abilities. While the number of rep abilities increases per play-thru. You can only pick the ones unlocked from the last play-thru. Why, there is this difference between the two carry overs is a mystery.

" All rings acquired from the previous play-through will carry over to New Game+ Characters". Great! Rings is money btw. You really should just say money. As some might confuse that with accessories.

Ok, so, back to artifacts, there are actually very few strong ones. The more powerful artifacts, the more reason to play multiply new game pluses. And therefor keep a continued interest in the game, going forward.

With that in mind, good job nerfing Hierarch's Robe into the ground. Did this really need to happen? Ok, I'm cool with not needing to start another play-thru. Not that I'm sure I would have, even pre-nerf.

With the lack of powerful artifacts, the motivation to keep playing dies fast. Now if you could carry over accessories, this changes things. As the Cain accessories are the best in game. But they don't carry over.

The option to level up to 100 sounds amazing, but it's not, at all. In fact staying as low lvl as possible is the way to go as enemies scale to your lvl. Odds are you have every ability you need for your build by lvl 20, soooo. Why whats my motivation for continued playthroughs?

I'm on my second new game plus. I can't see any reason to go past that. I'd like too, but I need some carrot on the stick besides minimal gains from rep abilities.

Upvote 0