• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
24... Dont' know why I keep saying 30. Never use cockpit mods when you get one that gives you those command points. Might use the range finder more often since I'm always sniping from out of site.

yeah, thought it was 1.6 million a month. Dead weight. I just need to finish my 2nd playthrough and get the bullshark, and then I'll try a third playthrough with good relations with all factions.

Just be aware that comms modules don't actually stack. I thought they did (and they might have in the early patches), so a few on your mechs so you have at least one in a given lance, but don't make my mistake of having, like, loads of them on your mechs and thinking they stack and wondering why you're not getting all that much resolve...!

Oh wow, didn't know. In that case, I ought to get those range extender mods then...

It's not obvious, is it! I thought they did (and they might have done when I last played), but then someone said "those don't stack" and I was like "oh, frack!" because I'd got them on... basically every mech I thought would be making a lot of headshots. Now I've got them on a few mechs, so that the majority of the time, I'll have at least one of those on deployment, and rangefinders and most of the rest and only a few with cockpit mods.

You can make an arguement that more comms gives you some redundancy, but certainly the way I play, I don't have to eject more than one very rare occasion and don't lose mechs at all, so it would not be worth it for that.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I had some fights were the OpFor Mechs would be reduced to less than 20 points of structure and no armor and still had all their weapons going like the Mech that had his PPC arm at 1 point structure, it was a Panther, and i hit it time after time for the next 5 rounds and it was still going and you could really see how i.e. Massiles actively avoided to hit that arm.

Also for example in the campaign mission, Liberation of Panzyr i guess it is, the OpFor Mechs would not die, they got hit by the Turrets, by my Mechs and they refused to die, to eject (bcs i have BEX running) and i lost 2 Mechs (Centurion and BJ but could later repair them), got the SH legged and the Vindicator was the only Mechs that was in some shape bcs it devolved into a melee brawl in the end.
The Centrurion was killed off by the Jenner, the BJ by the Treb bcs albeit their were reduced to mere rubble of internals they had still all their fucking weapons going and hit like champs, that Jenner also legged my SH.

It took me almost 2 months to repair all the shit.

But then it is a challenge to overcome isnt it?

The Communication Module that gives you higher Resolution does not stack, so one per lance. You mentioned redundancy but loosing a pilot to injury is difficult. Unless you have redundancy in Mechwarriors!
The Jenner JRN-7K drops the SRM and it's explosive ammo for 3 additional tones of armor. It makes that little speedster significantly more resilient.

Last edited: