• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

tagh_azog

Recruit
Apr 18, 2022
Hello there,

I've redone the thread to talk about Divine Wind and multiplayer.

I don't know if you experienced that, but i've lot of troubles setting up a multiplayer game with a friend:
- LAN is disabled with Steam version
- Impossible to see any game whatever we tried to do...
- could only see the game when using the good old Hamachi server
- lot of desync as soon as the time speed is fast
- my friend crashes sometimes, and when he does, a VERY WEIRD thing happens, because it appears my game has changed its checksum from XMQZ to RMQZ (something like that)

Also, i don't know if there is something broken hardly in Divine Wind, but the Archives menu is completely broken, and empty on many pages (land and naval armies of nations for instance...)
Some new world provinces (Shawnee, Creek) and east asia (Japan) are "discovered" while Terra incognita is there and exploration has not even started.
AI are a lot more random in diplomacy.... I've tried to play Castille, it starts with good relations with Portugal, relations gets even better after some diplomacy, then i offer an alliance, and it last 6 months, then Portugal decides to break the alliance, losing 100 relationship, for not any reason (I never experienced that in the vanilla, and it makes diplomacy completely useless if this breaks randomly).
Some modifiers appears randomly (have i missed something in this extension about modifiers?), such as "+25% naval maximum support" for no reason stated, and I lose that same modifier 2 months only later, still for no reason stated.

There are lot of good improvements in Divine Wind that i would like to keep, especially for the damn price those extensions STILL cost in 2022... but i would like to know if you experienced those bugs and better... if you know what could fix the main issues (i would say Archives panel is the biggest issue, with multiplayer stability)

Thank you for your help,
Jérôme

Last edited:
Last edited:

Questions about a mod should be asked in the modding subforum of the mod:
ConjurerDragon - Divine Wind is an official expansion of EUIII, not a mod.

tagh_azog - I don't play multi-player, but I've never seen any of those problems in my games, and there have been a LOT of them. These may be related to the other Steam issues with missing or broken text and other oddities, but I'm playing a GOG download.

Your game is not registered here on the Paradox site (no game icons showing in your signature block), so you can't view the Support and other related sub-forums, where such questions would probably belong.

ConjurerDragon - Divine Wind is an official expansion of EUIII, not a mod.
That is why I first linked to the EU III wiki which describes the expansions that he asked for. And only the second link is about the modding subforum for the mod he asked for before editing his post.