Question about the event Dimensional portal

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Agress0r

Private
16 Badges
Dec 15, 2017
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
Is it possible to get psionic theory and shields in addition from the "Dimensional portal" event?
I tried to launch this event with the presence of spiritualistic ethics, and it is always the scientific version that falls out, but the separate event for the spiritualists does not fall out. Mods are disabled, tried on version 2.2.2 and on the test version. What could be the problem?

So is your problem that you can't get the initial project outcome to reveal that the portal leads to the dimension of suffering, instead getting one of the other three options (energy, void, mirror)? Or is it that when you get the suffering dimension result, you don't have the option to pray?

So is your problem that you can't get the initial project outcome to reveal that the portal leads to the dimension of suffering, instead getting one of the other three options (energy, void, mirror)? Or is it that when you get the suffering dimension result, you don't have the option to pray?
To begin with, I want to say that the Event Hell itself has different text for spiritualists and ordinary empires, and even with the ethics of spiritualism, we get the text from the usual solution. Example:
colony.3006.spir.desc:1 "The Dimensional Portal on [Root.GetName] seems to lead to a realm of evil and disquiet. Any and all contact with material from this dimension causes intense suffering in the subject, which if continued for more than a few minutes leads to intense suicidal urges coupled with attempts to mutilate their sensory organs. Even simply studying data recorded in the strange dimension causes cascading errors in computer systems, or intense discomfort in sapient beings due to the terrifying realization that one's very soul is being corrupted."
And the answer option:
colony.3006.prayer:0 "Pray for a solution" or colony.3006.psi.prayer:0 "Perhaps Psionics is the solution?" (depends on psionic theory)

colony.3006.prayer leads to the event colony.3011 (that gives you psi theory and psi barriers)
------------------------------
And the Science one :
colony.3006.desc:1 "The Dimensional Portal on [Root.GetName] seems to lead to a realm which is opposed to the sapient mind on a fundamental level. Any and all contact with material from this dimension causes intense suffering in the subject, which if continued for more than a few minutes leads to intense suicidal urges coupled with attempts to mutilate their sensory organs. Even simply studying data recorded in the strange dimension causes intense discomfort in the biological observer, and cascading errors in computer systems."
And the answer option:
colony.3006.science:0 "Find a way to close the Portal!"

colony.3006.science leads to the event colony.3010 (when you gets tech for you districts output)
------------------------------
Sooo the problem is that in the presence of spiritualism, I still go to the version with science, although I must go to the version with prayer.

I've got the dimension of suffering in 2.2.3 as a spiritualist and did not receive the "pray" option. I just re-rolled the save until I got dark matter so I could sell it. I didn't know there were nice bonuses from the suffering portal.

On a related note, when I got Psionic Theory from the sentient Oceanic world I was unable to build the Psionic armies the tech gives(maybe you need psionic pops to recruit from) so even if this event was working you may not get the rewards.

On a related note, when I got Psionic Theory from the sentient Oceanic world I was unable to build the Psionic armies the tech gives(maybe you need psionic pops to recruit from) so even if this event was working you may not get the rewards.
You can recruit Psionic armies from tradition tech: Telepathy (ascension perk Mind over Matter)

You can recruit Psionic armies from tradition tech: Telepathy (ascension perk Mind over Matter)

Yes, the Sea of Consciousness planet modifier/anomaly will grant you Telepathy but did not give me the ability to construct the armies in my 2.2.3 game. I remembered incorrectly which tech it gave.

Yes, the Sea of Consciousness planet modifier/anomaly will grant you Telepathy but did not give me the ability to construct the armies in my 2.2.3 game. I remembered incorrectly which tech it gave.
I got it in an earlier game. It's either Psionic theory fully researched, or the research option for psionic theory. And I also think it was the playthrough where my materialist race became space wizards.

It's either Psionic theory fully researched, or the research option for psionic theory

I believe I had Psionic Theory already. Just tried to look through the files but I can't find the results for this event. I distinctly recall it granting me the tech that allows Psionic Armies but I did not get the ability to build them.

I believe I had Psionic Theory already. Just tried to look through the files but I can't find the results for this event. I distinctly recall it granting me the tech that allows Psionic Armies but I did not get the ability to build them.
Hmm, I'm also doing psionics in my current playthrough, and the armies are locked behind the first psionic ascension perk.

Two of the possible events in the Sea of Consciousness chain (distar.193 and distar.194) give you psi techs, and it's an upgrade on what you already have. If you've managed to get Psionic Theory already, you can get Telepathy without taking the Mind over Matter ascension perk (though if you're playing without the Utopia DLC, you can still get Telepathy without Mind over Matter anyway).
Code:
        if = {
             limit = { NOT = { has_technology = tech_psionic_theory } }
             give_technology = { tech = tech_psionic_theory }
         }
         else_if = {
             limit = { NOT = { has_technology = tech_telepathy } }
             give_technology = { tech = tech_telepathy }
         }
         else_if = {
             limit = { NOT = { has_technology = tech_precognition_interface } }
             give_technology = { tech = tech_precognition_interface }
         }

From 01_assault_armies
Code:
    prerequisites = { "tech_telepathy" }
    potential = {
        from = {
            OR = {
                NOT = { host_has_dlc = "Utopia" }
                OR = {
                    has_trait = trait_latent_psionic
                    has_trait = trait_psionic
                }
            }
            NOR = {
                has_trait = "trait_mechanical"
                has_trait = "trait_machine_unit"
                is_sapient = no
            }
        }
        owner = {
            NOT = { has_authority = auth_machine_intelligence }
        }
Psionic Armies require the Telepathy tech. Furthermore if you're playing with Utopia you also need some pops who have either the Psionic or Latent Psionic traits. Altogether, it's possible to get Psionic Armies without following the psionic ascension path, but it'd be pretty tough to engineer!

And for anybody looking to add to the original point of this thread, @Agress0r did file a bug report. https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...-dimensional-portal-event-2-2-2-5b48.1143535/