• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

pulsusego

Yognaught
46 Badges
Aug 31, 2011
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Sengoku
  • Semper Fi
  • Rome Gold
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • March of the Eagles
  • Magicka
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • 500k Club
  • War of the Roses
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Victoria 2
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Knights of Honor
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
In CKII I was able to delete every title above 'duke' in the history file and the game became a myriad of small nations as opposed to a few large ones with small candy-states spread throughout, waiting to be eaten by blobs. I tried doing this with sengoku, hoping for a more hectic and 'random outcome' game, where theres many smaller nations as opposed to a decent amount of big and little. However, after deleting the Kuni titles (or the equivalent to daimyo status anyway, i can't quite remember which is which with kunis and koris or if thats even the correct name at the moment) the game broke and most provinces became owned by shinto or buddhist rebels. So, I undid what I'd changed and instead deleted the 'liege' portions of the c_[name] files in the titles folder within the history folder, hoping for that to break alliegances and make everyone independent. Again, failure, more rebels everywhere, and a fairly large amount of sadness. Now my main questin is, then, is there a way to make this work correctly, to allow many smaller nations as opposed to the mix of larger and smaller that there is now? I know it's not historically accurate by any means, but it does make for some truly interesting gameplay, and it'd be a shame if it were not doable in this game as opposed to the others like it.

Thanks for any responses and help, I would greatly appreciate it if you could give either or both. :)
-pulsusego

My guess is that you'd have to just change the ownership of all provinces and create new owners for most of the kori in a major clan's demesne (kuni are provinces, kori are localities). Just removing the kuni titles seems to cause conflicts.