• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

unmerged(15615)

Recruit
Mar 17, 2003
Visit site
Okay, so the thread I started was deleted. I won't pursue the matter of historical flags, but I'd like to point out that I did remove the flag sample I was showing (since it displayed a forbidden symbol).

So in what way I upset the administration I don't know.

I'd still like to ask why this 'no swastika' paragraph is in effect and what motivates the board to adhere to it. The explanation could be a necessity for some reason and thus impersonal, or it could be because the board likes it that way and hence constituting a personal matter.

It is very hard to adapt to a set of rules and know how to behave when there's no discernable rationale behind said rules.

So, what about some enlightenment?

Thanks,
undersigned

AnotherPoster:

Well...

Looking for 'discernable rationale' in another person's reasons for doing something is generally considered to be a moot point when your own desires for doing/wanting something obscure that rationale.

Firstly, the symbol is illegal in some countries and (a) Hearts of Iron is sold in those countries, and (b) there are players who hail from said countries and are members of this forum.

But most importanly, it is the obvious rationale to the rule that you have missed. Let me elaborate....

At your own house/home, you may have a rule that says: "You can't whip out your dingaling and piss on the carpet." All well and good, eh?

But although this simple, hygienic rule may seem patently obvious to most sentient beings, it does not necessarily mean it will be obvious to all; especially to those persons who, for reasons where no discernible rationale prevails, are accustomed to whipping out their collective dingalings and pissing on their own carpets in their own homes. Thus, the latter individuals, while on a visit to your home where the rule is enforced and still choose to whip out their dingalings and piss on your carpet have missed the obvious rationale to the rule: It's NOT their house.

In your own erstwhile case, you have missed the obvious rationale behind the rule: It's not your house.

There is something even more important you must realize before you get yourself banned without even having seen the light of day.

You see, at this house, when someone (such as yourself, for instance) whips out his dingaling and pisses on the carpet, we all hope that said indvidual will -- upon realizing his gross violation of the house rules -- calmly place his dingaling back in its appropriate locale, clean up his mess, sit down with the rest of us and not mention his dingaling, the reasons for using his dingaling to soil the carpet, or anything whatsoever having to do with his dingaling or dingalings in general.

By not mentioning (hint hint) the carpet-soiling episode again, the formerly-offending individual can then become a productive, behaved and overall cool member of the community.

Live long and prosper here, AnotherPoster.... if you can.

And watch your step... the wet spot you leave and keep referring to may well end up to be your epitaph.

Yours,

Doc

And almost forgot:

Here's a quick pointer to the rules for this specific forum (click here) and for all the forums in general (click here).

I might have already violated a rule myself when responding to your inquiry since this specific forum ("HOI User made Scenarios and Mods") has a rule which states:

"This forum is for UPLOADING ONLY. Violation of this rule results in a warning. Double violation thereby results in a ban."

That's why it's always good to check the house rules before doing anything offensive.

Cheers,

Doc

Another Poster, I sent you a PM regarding your first thread yesterday. You ought to read your PM's.

You have now received another one...

Status
Not open for further replies.