• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

SaxonCamel

Corporal
14 Badges
Sep 8, 2009
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Deus Vult
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Rome Gold
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
I logged into my GamersGate account for the first time in many months and realised I had Crusader Kings and Deus Vult for free. Was this an offer from Paradox or Gamersgate, because I honestly don't remember?

More importantly though, is it ok to patch it normally? - Gamersgate says something about changing reg-edit and im not sure why.

Thanks

(i posted here because i only just found my product key)

Last edited:
IIRC the reg fix is only for the original CK. Since you have DV too, you just install them both and then apply the last DV patch from the forum.

I think you should have installed DV over CK, leaving you with only one folder. Then you would extract the 2.1 patch over that. It's been a while though, so I'll move this to the CK forum where hopefully someone will know for sure.

Yeah, DV should get installed over CK. Then you put the patch in the CK:DV folder and pick "Extract to this folder" and say "Yes to all" when it prompts you to overwrite.

From there you can play it, install a mod, or install JSGME and use that to swap between mods.

Yeah, DV should get installed over CK. Then you put the patch in the CK:DV folder and pick "Extract to this folder" and say "Yes to all" when it prompts you to overwrite.

From there you can play it, install a mod, or install JSGME and use that to swap between mods.

Hmm...I'm sure i installed it over CK and yet i have 2 folders

Nvm, i get it now

Last edited: