• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Jestus

Recruit
92 Badges
Nov 1, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Majesty 2
  • Magicka
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Prison Architect
Has anyone successfully played Manchuoko -> Qing on the new patch/NSB? I'm having extreme difficulty now, as pushing against the Japanese is nearly impossible - there's essentially no supply, and their airforce destroys all my trains/trucks.

Any advice?

I am actively playing it right now and had a lot of success vs. Japan, almost eradicating it from the mainland. What I did was to wait with the focus that declares Manchukuo's independence and starts the war, until I have built a dozen of 6inf3art divisions (21width) which I used for breakthrough and the cavalry for some encirclements. Japan didn't garison Korean peninsula enough, so first I dealt with it, and then focused on a chinese coast occupied by Japan. I tried to leave Japanese forces pressed between me and China/Shanxi, and slowly pushed them towards mountains.
Their air forces didn't cause much damage to me, at least not that I noticed it.
Hope that this helps a bit!

• 1Like
Reactions:
Just tried the strat and I'm pretty sure I'm done with the game for now lol. Tried 4-5 times with those 21w infantry/art and they just crush me on every front because I'm always out of supply. The push on all fronts and melt my troops, not sure how you're doing it.

I just did this recently, didnt seem much different than usual. You basically want to wait for just the right moment for Japan to overextend themselves, and then beeline for their ports to kill their supply. You have a short window but it wasnt too crazy. Honestly the followup war with China is more grueling.

Dont forget to get all the attack/defense bonuses and stealing their equipment decisions, since that gets you guns and gives them a debuff.

I didnt bother with changing the templates, saved the army exp for army spirits and doctrines. Although some support artillary probably could have gone a long way. I just tried to flood as many trained divisions as I could onto the field. Artillery costs too much for your weak industry.

Best time to do it is when Japan has gone a bit beyond those two ports near Beijing, but before tgey can take another. Too far away and too bogged down with Chinese troops to stop you.

Reactions:
just going to shamelessly flog a post i made regarding supply tips; it might help you adjust back into the game.

Against my better judgement, tried again and still just don't see how this is possible.

What happens every time is that just when I am able to win (and hitting lack of supply), japan naval invades me, surrounds me, and proceeds to overwhelm me.

I really think the supply changes now give you a seriously small window - if Japan pushes too far into China, you just don't have enough supply there to push them out, and certainly not enough factories to reliably build rails/supply hubs.

Edit:

Here's an example of what I end up facing. MASSIVE defense values while I'm out of supply:

1638992122272.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Against my better judgement, tried again and still just don't see how this is possible.

What happens every time is that just when I am able to win (and hitting lack of supply), japan naval invades me, surrounds me, and proceeds to overwhelm me.

I really think the supply changes now give you a seriously small window - if Japan pushes too far into China, you just don't have enough supply there to push them out, and certainly not enough factories to reliably build rails/supply hubs.

Edit:

Here's an example of what I end up facing. MASSIVE defense values while I'm out of supply:

View attachment 784187
just build 12w infantry and be done with it. you have enough manpower for pure inf