• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
MOO: Are the CO official mod collections compatible with achievements?

If they are not, could you make at least one "Super Vanilla Booster" or "You can Achieve!" or whachamaycallit collection with quality mods which do not disable achievements? It would be mostly a mod collection for cosmetic variety, but if you can sneak in some ploppables which do not upset the game balance and do not disable achievements, so much the better.

One more thing: There is a former Maxis Emeryville polygon pusher doing some models on his free time for C:S and he is "in-between jobs" a.k.a. unemployed. He even set up a Patreon page to try to get some funding and see if he can get paid to release some buildings for C:S.

Perhaps you could get in touch with the guy and get him some freelance work for extra buildings?

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197961632157/myworkshopfiles/?appid=255710
http://www.bryan3d.com/p/blog-page_26.html

ALSO: MOO! Can you enlighten us if the parks killing commerce is part of the design, what is the rationale behind this mechanic? Can more of the internals such as the car logic - at least the despawn bit - and the commerce reactions be more exposed to modding?

Would be good to have more hooks and explanations on the API so that people can do e.g. a proper water treatment plant which cleans up "poop water" and gives back drinkable water to the system. Even better if CO releases it as an official building in a high city milestone level.

I was hoping to find exactly this.. and update to what's going on over there. Thanks dude!

Also, I have to throw my weight into this: Please allowing adding toolbar asset photos. There are now over 10k (!WOW!) Steam workshop items. This is fantastic! However, it's near unusable because there are no photos of assets in the toolbar (in-game), and no ordering system. Right now it's 'click and hope' that you picked what you need. For all of our sanity, and to facilitate use of workshop items.. this needs immediate action. Thank you.

Thanks for the continual update. I'm a "slow builder" so perhaps haven't run into bugs others have reported, or maybe don't recognize them, LOL. Perhaps the "commercial" bug I am experiencing . . .? Anyway, thanks for a great game, and look forward to its further greatness!

MOO: Are the CO official mod collections compatible with achievements?

If they are not, could you make at least one "Super Vanilla Booster" or "You can Achieve!" or whachamaycallit collection with quality mods which do not disable achievements? It would be mostly a mod collection for cosmetic variety, but if you can sneak in some ploppables which do not upset the game balance and do not disable achievements, so much the better.

One more thing: There is a former Maxis Emeryville polygon pusher doing some models on his free time for C:S and he is "in-between jobs" a.k.a. unemployed. He even set up a Patreon page to try to get some funding and see if he can get paid to release some buildings for C:S.

Perhaps you could get in touch with the guy and get him some freelance work for extra buildings?

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197961632157/myworkshopfiles/?appid=255710
http://www.bryan3d.com/p/blog-page_26.html

ALSO: MOO! Can you enlighten us if the parks killing commerce is part of the design, what is the rationale behind this mechanic? Can more of the internals such as the car logic - at least the despawn bit - and the commerce reactions be more exposed to modding?

Would be good to have more hooks and explanations on the API so that people can do e.g. a proper water treatment plant which cleans up "poop water" and gives back drinkable water to the system. Even better if CO releases it as an official building in a high city milestone level.

Changed name to "Moo's Collection" to avoid confusion, as they do not enable achievements.

The parks issue is in the OP. :)

please fix the hang on exit on steam too, please :D otherwise great to see so many sold and i hope for allot more work into this game

I was hoping to find exactly this.. and update to what's going on over there. Thanks dude!

Also, I have to throw my weight into this: Please allowing adding toolbar asset photos. There are now over 10k (!WOW!) Steam workshop items. This is fantastic! However, it's near unusable because there are no photos of assets in the toolbar (in-game), and no ordering system. Right now it's 'click and hope' that you picked what you need. For all of our sanity, and to facilitate use of workshop items.. this needs immediate action. Thank you.

I also want to add that down the line, we might have so much custom content that there might be dozens of, say, parks and service buildings to choose from. For future planning, CO could consider an UI expansion to allow for a quick choice of these assets, instead of the somewhat restricted menu choice we have right now. Think what a pain would be to scroll over dozens of items to find the right one you're looking for. Instead, if the menu expanded to fill the screen (maybe toggled by a button), we could have a 'gallery' of icons to choose from, and everything would be more neatly arranged.

I hope someone will start a collection with just new, nice-looking realistic buildings. All collections I've scanned so far seem to have a bunch of reskins in them.

I hope someone will start a collection with just new, nice-looking realistic buildings. All collections I've scanned so far seem to have a bunch of reskins in them.

I think steam workshop is and will stay a complete mess... Serious stuff will be at the simtropolis exchange mostly.

Changed name to "Moo's Collection" to avoid confusion, as they do not enable achievements.

The parks issue is in the OP. :)

Yeah but the OP cites two possibilities: May be a bug, or a design decision players disagree with, and it's not clear what's what.

Specifically I'd like to know if the player-verified mechanics of underused parks negatively hitting commercial demand is an intended mechanic, and what's the rationale behind it, or if it's a bug. OP is ambiguous and can be interpreted either way.

(loving the game)

Yeah but the OP cites two possibilities: May be a bug, or a design decision players disagree with, and it's not clear what's what.

Specifically I'd like to know if the player-verified mechanics of underused parks negatively hitting commercial demand is an intended mechanic, and what's the rationale behind it, or if it's a bug. OP is ambiguous and can be interpreted either way.

(loving the game)

That's because I'm not sure yet and CO are looking into it :) So as soon as I know either or I'll get back to ya'll.

It is splendid to see this game doing so well, and I shall look forward to the update. I do agree with the comments about the toolbar icon for custom content: it is very difficult to use without graphical differentiation.

I have two major issues currently, apart from that the game is amazingly fun to play (even though it's pretty easy to achieve limitless funds):

1. At least Metro and Bus lines stay "active" even if you delete your whole city (I build one for massive cash, then razed it to start a better looking layout without having to start with a meager 70.000 cash). If I delete every single bus stop + the depot the lines should be gone too, same for the Metro: If I delete all the tunnels + all the stations, lines should be gone.

2. It's unnecessary tedious to manage public transportation. A simple UI listing all active lines by means of transportation and allowing you to edit it directly would be very much appreciated. E.g. It's pretty tedious to delete/add stops to a bus line if you have a dozen running around with loads of intersections and shared stations. Separate statistics by line would be great too (enabling you to monitor which lines are working well and which are not).