• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Bugaboo_52

Recruit
Jan 28, 2022
Just bought this game yesterday on PS5. After playing for a while the overlay menus will stop working (can't bring up hints, pause menu, save etc). The selected object on the right side of the screen will also be stuck on the last object I highlighted (IE if I am on a storage depot and I select a transport it still shows the storage depot inventory, if I then select a colony it still shows the storage depot inventory, no matter what I do).
Can't save and the only thing to do seems to be restart which of course loses progress. I can reliably make this happen by letting the PS5 go into rest mode while playing and then resuming but it also happens if I just play for too long. Anything that I can do to fix this? I am on version 1.33.

Upvote 0
We have reports of this game hanging on saves on the PS4 , and even overheating, but not the exact symptoms you report. I'm frankly not sure what so make of that.

I'm not a console player: can you get temperature readings in the PS5?