• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Btw, thanks for the kindness, people.The updates up to this point have perhaps been a little rushed; my time atm is largely concentrated on exams and interviews, so hopefully by the end of the week, the updates will be better written and more extensive.

Vincent Julien said:
Btw, thanks for the kindness, people.The updates up to this point have perhaps been a little rushed; my time atm is largely concentrated on exams and interviews, so hopefully by the end of the week, the updates will be better written and more extensive.

Are you prone to write updates of 2,000+ words? That would, after all, be indicative of your effort and enthusiasm.

Are you asking if it's likely? Probably not. I don't like to drag out updates too much. I suppose it depends on what's actully happening at that point, though. Wartime updats will probably be quite extensive. Most of this is just background information atm. They'll probably get longer before long.

Why do you ask?

Last edited:
Well, I think that generally, they do turn people off, unless they're very, very well written (Mett's 'Advantages' springs to mind.)

Hence why I shall be avoiding too many lengthy updates. Also, I don't intend to draw out the pre-game stuff. Too much of that turns people off as well. I hope to get to 1936, and the actual game as soon as possible, without degrading the quality of the background info.

So far it's a great AAR, and I like it quite a bit, even if the actual "action" hasn't been gotten to yet. The writing style is certainly fine, and if your work is this good when you're distracted and not working on it properly, it's going to be inteesting seeing how you do when you're when your work gets even better.

Think this is the first time I posted in your wonderful AAR. Great stuff.

As for long updates, as long as its not one big block of text I personally don't see any problem with it.

Also make sure you have lots of pictures of FW190 and Kubelwagens everywhere. This alone keeps me happy :rofl:

whether or not lengthy updates put people off, this AAR going swell :D
if the background is this interesting the in-game should kick ball!

by the way, im guessing from the title the government in ocntrol of germany is going to be a prussian arstocratic military junta thingy , am i correct or is the Kaiser coming back?

Would Ludendorff invite the Hohenzollerns back to Germany? I'm not sure whether he was as committed as Hindenburg was to the Monarchy. It should, however, be more difficult for Hitler to assume power with a respected General (who isn't senile, as Hindenburg was) as President. In our timeline, the poor man died in 1937 - are you going to kill him off then?

Sorry about the lack of updates. I've had an awful lot to do atm, but I'm now free. I also need to read up a bit on the Third Republic. One of the problems atm is that I don't actually really know what the political landscape will be like in 1936, so I can't even get on with modding.

Hopefully an update will arrive today or tommorow.

very interesting! ! ! :cool:

subscribes

Vincent Julien said:
Hopefully an update will arrive today or tomorrow.

VJ, while we may be chomping at the bit for an update, please remember that quality is more important than quantity. :cool:

Well, I was going to work on an update and post it last Monday, but then the forums went down and kicked that idea into the long grass. atm I'm trying to figure out how I want the story to develop, and trying to develop ways to get it there.

Hopefully, an update on France will arrive tommorow.

You may want to try writing updates in a word processor, then copy-pasting them into the forums. It makes things a lot easier for me, as I can work on it over a long period of time rather than getting everything down at once.

Please continue this! I want to see how screwed up the world is come 1936. ;)

Yeah. I generally try to do that already. The only thing is that you have to be careful with regard to tags and whatnot. :)

I'm hooked and I have no idea what bloody well took me so long to find out about this, VJ.

Your intro into the game, thus far, is simply outstanding and I can't wait to see what you do with Ludendorff. Bring it on!!

No update today, alas, alas. There will definetley be one tommorow, though. I promise!

As for Ludendorff: Well, watch this space. ;)