• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

yossefgb

Recruit
Dec 17, 2020
Bonjour,
j'ai depuis des années le jeu city skylines et j'en suis très content.
Aujourd'hui jeudi 17 décembre, en voulant le charger, mon antivirus AVAST a arrêté le chargement en disant qu'il y a une menace IPD.Generic, le fichier infecte étant Paradox Launcher.exe
Il a été mis en quarantaine par cet antivirus, et au lieu de le restaurer, je l'ai définitivement supprime.
Maintenant, impossible de charger le jeu.
Que faire?
Merci de me trouver une solution.

Upvote 0
English only on this forum please ;).
To answer your question though: With each new launcher build the code changes and sometimes either bootstrapper.exe or paradoxlauncher.exe gets falsely flagged as a virus. It's not a virus :p. Please add the file to your exclusion list for your AV program and you should be good to go.

English only on this forum please ;).
To answer your question though: With each new launcher build the code changes and sometimes either bootstrapper.exe or paradoxlauncher.exe gets falsely flagged as a virus. It's not a virus :p. Please add the file to your exclusion list for your AV program and you should be good to go.

I deleted the file Paradox Launcher.exe in the AVAST quarantine zone

• 1Like
Reactions:
I mistakenly deleted the Paradox Launcher.exe file in the AVAST quarantine zone. Since then, the game does not load.
When I want to launch the game, this is what is displayed : Bootsrapper Error - Couldn't start launcher.
what should I do ?

Last edited:
Sus aux anglois et à leur anglais obligatoire ;)

Do you have the game on Steam? If yes, go to your library, right click on Cities Skylines, select "properties", then go to "local files" and click on "check the integrity of the game files", after that you'll normally get the .exe file back.

Don't forget to add the .exe to your antivirus exclusion list.

hello,
i uninstalled the game and then reinstalled it.
It still does not work.
it displays ''
Bootsrapper Error - Couldn't start launcher.''
what should I do ?
We now have reports of this on AVG, Avast and possibly Kaspersky.

You need to make sure all these apps are in its exceptions lists:

dowser.exe (in the Steam CSL folder)
C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Programs/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2.2020.16/paradox launcher.exe
C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Programs/Paradox Interactive/bootstrapper-v2.exe

Good luck!

We now have reports of this on AVG, Avast and possibly Kaspersky.

You need to make sure all these apps are in its exceptions lists:

dowser.exe (in the Steam CSL folder)
C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Programs/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2.2020.16/paradox launcher.exe
C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Programs/Paradox Interactive/bootstrapper-v2.exe

Good luck!

hello, i removed STEAM and CITIES S. and reinstalled STEAM, then CITIES S ..
it works again.
thank you

Last edited: