• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Kaci007

Recruit
Dec 26, 2017
Hello!

I recently bought Majesty HD on GOG. Unfortunately I've encountered a major issue which prevents me from further playing, from obvious reasons.

Once I save the game, I can't load it again - all saved games are simply invisible from ingame menu. I checked and I can see them in SaveGame folder (as GMP files), but I have no idea how to make them appear ingame.

I aleady reinstalled game twice, I checked all settings and change administrator permissions, as GOG suggests, but nothing seems to help:

https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/articles/213039425

I have Windows 8.1 64 bit.

Anyone experienced such issue before? Aside from that, games runs smooth, without any additional issues.

I will check on the Majesty HD Steam Discussion group and see if there's an answer there (the Steam version is actually the more recent version of HD as it includes mod support, it hasn't been released as a stand-alone yet).

What language is your OS set to? Anything non-Western? If you don't know how to check,

Open the Control Panel.
Select "Clock, Language, Region"
Select "Region and Language"

This will open a dialog box with several tabs.
On the Format tab, there will be a Format dropdown showing your current locale, which will be the language and country/region. What is it set to?

Thank you for quick reply! I checked settings as suggested and currently it's set on polish language and region. I've heard that problem may be caused by Windows user name with non english characters but my login doesn't include any.

Yes, that's the reason then. The current Steam version has corrected for non-Western/English characters but unfortunately, like I said above, it hasn't been released as a stand-alone so GOG doesn't have it yet. So you can either try to switch your language and region to English or get a refund from GOG and if you're really set on the game, get it at Steam (you should! It's a great game :) )

I don't think it's one of those games that allows an exchange between GOG and Steam, that's why I mentioned those other options.

Thank you! I changed my language and region settings yesterday but it didn't help. And since Majesty is on sale on Steam, I bought it again... and it works perfectly! :) GOG version also had problems with game speed and resolution, but I managed to fixed that somehow. Steam version works like charm however, so I will stick to this release.

I bought Majesty HD, Majesty 2 and some other games on GOG on Winter Sale so I probably won't bother with refund. I managed to beat Majesty 2 yesterday - last two missions were a nightmare but still it's very nice and entertaining game. Even though I still have DLCs to complete, first Majesty has a priority from obvious reasons :)

You're welcome and glad you stuck with it! You probably needed to uninstall Majesty, change the language and region settings, and then re-install, but since you have the Steam version, that's all moot now :)

I already reinstalled it thrice. One more and it would be close to my struggle with toughest missions from Majesty 2 :D

Finally I had some time to play - Steam version works perfectly and I managed to complete three missions without any difficulties. I can save and load without issues, there are no slowdowns or any display problems. Once again I'm thankful for your help - I'm glad I can comfortably play this amazing game :)

There might have been some files that weren't deleted in the uninstall. I vaguely remember it being said a long time ago that you had to manually go into some folders and delete some stuff there.

But glad it's working now!

Hey, I just recently bought this game on steam but for some reason I am unable to save and load games. The username only contains the regular English letters, with a space in between. Furthermore, I tried to manually create the save game folders and granted the access properties, but it did not work either.

I am on Win10 and the OS language is German.

Hey Hulu, I'm Dorgath on the Steam forums. You didn't mention your OS language was German (at least the last I checked last night) :) Can you try uninstalling, changing your OS to English, and reinstalling as I mentioned in post #7 above and see if that works? It seems Kaci007 was able to install the Steam version without doing all of that, but since his OS was Polish, maybe there's some subtle difference.